Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi,
    i've applied for accounting and finance and my top 2 choices are Northampton and Sheffield. i visited both and prefer Northampton but am aware that Sheffield is ranked a lot higher, would going to Northampton affect my future employability or will employers not be bothered as long as i have good a levels and the degree?

thanks for any help

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I see I have found a fellow Accounting and Finance student. The Uni rankings are insignificant compared to what class of degree you get and the amount of relevant work experience. Go to the Uni that you feel like you will do best at.

Coming from a guy who rejected Lancaster, Birmingham and Sheffield to go to a local Uni in top 60s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JDieMstr)
    Ah, I see I have found a fellow Accounting and Finance student. The Uni rankings are insignificant compared to what class of degree you get and the amount of relevant work experience. Go to the Uni that you feel like you will do best at.

Coming from a guy who rejected Lancaster, Birmingham and Sheffield to go to a local Uni in top 60s.
    that makes me feel so much better haha was debating firming sheffield purely because the rankings:/

Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.