Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am in Y10 and generally doing well on RS, but am struggling with the evaluation side of things. I can analyse an argument by providing strengths and weaknesses but struggle to give a conclusive evaluation saying why one argument is better than the other.

Any ideas on how to work on this?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    If your analyses of strengths and weaknesses are sound then it's simply a case of picking which has the fatal flaw, or which is more or less convincing. Use the analysis you have already done to inform the conclusion.

ReputationRep:
    After explaining a reason why some might believe something, then a reason why others might believe something else, you have to decide which you think is right and give a further reason for that.

If you're still struggling give me an example of a strength and a weakness for something and i'll show you how to add that 3rd part.

ReputationRep:
    hi how do you analyse the strengths and weaknesses as this is what i struggle with

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanaf)
    hi how do you analyse the strengths and weaknesses as this is what i struggle with
    Could you give an example of some strengths and weaknesses, then i'll show you how to evaluate them

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 6, 2018

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.