authenticllama
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I am in Y10 and generally doing well on RS, but am struggling with the evaluation side of things. I can analyse an argument by providing strengths and weaknesses but struggle to give a conclusive evaluation saying why one argument is better than the other.

Any ideas on how to work on this?
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
If your analyses of strengths and weaknesses are sound then it's simply a case of picking which has the fatal flaw, or which is more or less convincing. Use the analysis you have already done to inform the conclusion.
Joe312
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
After explaining a reason why some might believe something, then a reason why others might believe something else, you have to decide which you think is right and give a further reason for that.

If you're still struggling give me an example of a strength and a weakness for something and i'll show you how to add that 3rd part.
Hanaf
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
hi how do you analyse the strengths and weaknesses as this is what i struggle with
Joe312
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Hanaf)
hi how do you analyse the strengths and weaknesses as this is what i struggle with
Could you give an example of some strengths and weaknesses, then i'll show you how to evaluate them
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (15)
15.46%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (25)
25.77%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (53)
54.64%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
4.12%

Watched Threads