Turn on thread page Beta

I’m not overweight (fat) or obese but I have love handles, so I started going to the gym regularly (once a week - due to weather, but usually twice) and I cut my calories.
    I do a 20 Minute run/jog on the stepping machine and then I go on the lifting machines were you push and pull and it’s supposed to work on your bicep/upper chest area (forgot the name of the machines sorry ), I usually follow it up with the bicycle for a few mins (or the rowing machine).
    My question is, how long will it take for my love handles to disappear completely and could they simply be wide hips, since there isn’t much meat in the area around them.
    Thanks, any tips are welcome.

ReputationRep:
    Well first of all is it working? And secondly if it is working, how long did it take you to see the results compared to when you started? 1x and not even 2x might not be enough to see much of anything for a while, perhaps good enough for maintaining, but calorie cutting is a start.

I'd suggest 5 or 6x week walking, preferably at incline; cardio/HIIT, bicycle crunches, twist crunches, with or without weight equipment, and just oblique exercises in general

And to answer how long it would take doing the above, honestly maybe a month or two...depending on how bad your clumps are. I call them clumps..

(Original post by Bang Outta Order)
    Well first of all is it working? And secondly if it is working, how long did it take you to see the results compared to when you started? 1x and not even 2x might not be enough to see much of anything for a while, perhaps good enough for maintaining, but calorie cutting is a start.

I'd suggest 5 or 6x week walking, preferably at incline; cardio/HIIT, bicycle crunches, twist crunches, with or without weight equipment, and just oblique exercises in general

And to answer how long it would take doing the above, honestly maybe a month or two...depending on how bad your clumps are. I call them clumps..
    Im currently at 63kg and 5’8, Im going to attend 3 times a week instead of 2, thanks for the advice. Appreciate it.

ReputationRep:
    Protein diet will help here is a post about it: https://humancure.com/protein-diet-the-dos-and-donts/

Basically its eating less or no crabs and fat, and lean meat, beef - for a period of time (this isnt a lifestyle diet - it helps reset hormones and also boosts metabolism).

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 12, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.