Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Almost lost my life tonight to an idiot driver.... Telematatics question... watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys,

So Tonight I picked my Partner up from work on the way home on the A10 a guy pulled out in front of me from a road on the left whilst I was doing 60 and I swerved, almost flipped and luckily gained control of the car back. After a panic attack and a lot of sobbing, I managed to shakily make my way home.

There seems to be a huge number of idiots on the roads these days and this idiot almost killed me and my partner.

Aside from that, I was wondering how I would go about retrieving information from my RAC Blackbox. Do you think they would have very detailed information on this? Such as my exact movement in the car as he pulled out and I swerved. I am very shaken by it and would like to see what happened.

According to my Blackbox app... My braking is at 100... the best score it can be and there were no issues on that road. I really can't believe that.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Harsh steering maybe? I’m not entirely sure how it works.

I don’t have one, for my car it was only an extra £50 to not install the black box - well worth it going by comments on here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by accountant-future)
    Harsh steering maybe? I’m not entirely sure how it works.

I don’t have one, for my car it was only an extra £50 to not install the black box - well worth it going by comments on here.
    Yes, you did the right thing, Thankfully mine saved me 1k though. Luckily I haven't been having too many issues with it I just wanted to see whether they would have a mapping or something of my incident so that I can see it. I'm not too worried about what they think tbh. I'm more annoyed the guy drove away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lfrunchy)
    Yes, you did the right thing, Thankfully mine saved me 1k though. Luckily I haven't been having too many issues with it I just wanted to see whether they would have a mapping or something of my incident so that I can see it. I'm not too worried about what they think tbh. I'm more annoyed the guy drove away.
    You can always ask. They definitely detect some movement because I was in a low-speed accident and they detected it and called me before I had the chance to call them! Give them a ring and ask how sensitive it is. However seeing a drawing isn’t going to get you any closer to telling off the culprit which I know I would want to do!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Handling/cornering potentially, or nothing at all

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 6, 2018
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.