Turn on thread page Beta

Girl I spoke to on night out (who now has boyfriend) acting weird around me? watch

So a while back I was talking to a girl at a bar, after she came over to me. She seemed interested but I was a little shy and didn't see her again that night.

Fast forward much later and small world that this is, I end up playing a gig on the same bill as her now boyfriend's band. This is a gig which I've invited a girl I'm trying to get in with to.

At one point outside she comes over to me and tells me that she remembers me, and I remember her. She starts telling me how her boyfriend is the best thing to ever happen to her, that he's so talented and lovely, and that they've even discussed marriage a few times. Then, she starts firing questions at me about this other girl. How did I meet her? What's she like? Am I into her? How long have I known her?

Whenever I'm chatting with this other girl throughout the night and we're laughing or whatever, and the first girl's in my sight, she keeps glancing over at us and at times seemingly looks a little displeased.

Her boyfriend does seem like a bit of a ****, and he's really not great looking (plus his band are ****), but is this normal behaviour from her?

ReputationRep:
    probably doesn't intend to "get" with you, but doesn't want to see you get with someone else ever

(Original post by ANM775)
    probably doesn't intend to "get" with you, but doesn't want to see you get with someone else ever
    So a sort of "if I can't have you, no one will" attitude?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So a sort of "if I can't have you, no one will" attitude?

Well, she doesn't appear to be trying to cockblock you so I wouldn't say it's exactly this, but it looks like she would rather you remain single from what you wrote

A lot of girls like to keep "backup" guys in the event their current relationship breaks down

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...urns-sour.html

I would hazard a guess she'd prefer you to remain single "Just in case.."

(Original post by ANM775)
    Well, she doesn't appear to be trying to cockblock you so I wouldn't say it's exactly this, but it looks like she would rather you remain single from what you wrote

A lot of girls like to keep "backup" guys in the event their current relationship breaks down

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...urns-sour.html

I would hazard a guess she'd prefer you to remain single "Just in case.."
    Right.

I was also thinking that it may be some kind of ego thing. She's an incredibly pretty girl, probably gets shitloads of male attention, and in her head I probably turned her down. So then she sees me flirting with another girl in front of her.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 6, 2018
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.