The Student Room Group

Girl I spoke to on night out (who now has boyfriend) acting weird around me?

So a while back I was talking to a girl at a bar, after she came over to me. She seemed interested but I was a little shy and didn't see her again that night.

Fast forward much later and small world that this is, I end up playing a gig on the same bill as her now boyfriend's band. This is a gig which I've invited a girl I'm trying to get in with to.

At one point outside she comes over to me and tells me that she remembers me, and I remember her. She starts telling me how her boyfriend is the best thing to ever happen to her, that he's so talented and lovely, and that they've even discussed marriage a few times. Then, she starts firing questions at me about this other girl. How did I meet her? What's she like? Am I into her? How long have I known her?

Whenever I'm chatting with this other girl throughout the night and we're laughing or whatever, and the first girl's in my sight, she keeps glancing over at us and at times seemingly looks a little displeased.

Her boyfriend does seem like a bit of a ****, and he's really not great looking (plus his band are ****), but is this normal behaviour from her?
Reply 1
probably doesn't intend to "get" with you, but doesn't want to see you get with someone else ever
Reply 2
Original post by ANM775
probably doesn't intend to "get" with you, but doesn't want to see you get with someone else ever

So a sort of "if I can't have you, no one will" attitude?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
So a sort of "if I can't have you, no one will" attitude?

Well, she doesn't appear to be trying to cockblock you so I wouldn't say it's exactly this, but it looks like she would rather you remain single from what you wrote

A lot of girls like to keep "backup" guys in the event their current relationship breaks down

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2769593/HALF-women-fall-partner-standby-fancied-case-current-relationship-turns-sour.html

I would hazard a guess she'd prefer you to remain single "Just in case.."
Reply 4
Original post by ANM775
Well, she doesn't appear to be trying to cockblock you so I wouldn't say it's exactly this, but it looks like she would rather you remain single from what you wrote

A lot of girls like to keep "backup" guys in the event their current relationship breaks down

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2769593/HALF-women-fall-partner-standby-fancied-case-current-relationship-turns-sour.html

I would hazard a guess she'd prefer you to remain single "Just in case.."

Right.

I was also thinking that it may be some kind of ego thing. She's an incredibly pretty girl, probably gets shitloads of male attention, and in her head I probably turned her down. So then she sees me flirting with another girl in front of her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending