Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Have you ever been catfished? watch

I don't think i would be able to bare the pain...messaging someone you think is a possible partner and they end up being someone else. How did you cope?

ReputationRep:
    Nope.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I don't think i would be able to bare the pain...messaging someone you think is a possible partner and they end up being someone else. How did you cope?
    This is why I don't agree with online relationships.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I’ve catfished and I felt so bad about it :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jheinexx)
    Why did you catfish? If you don`t mind me asking ofcourse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rest in Pizza)
    Why did you catfish? If you don`t mind me asking ofcourse.
    Because i was so bored and these other reasons i cant ever say

Because i was so bored and these other reasons i cant ever say
    Is it because you're unattractive? Honestly i think ur so cruel for that.

ReputationRep:
    Is it because you're unattractive? Honestly i think ur so cruel for that.
    not really
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

How long did you catfish the person for? I used to do it on omegle but obviously that would end when the chat finished. Back then I kind of wished I was a boy so I'd try and see if I could pass for one. Bit weird when I think about it now though.

ReputationRep:
    How long did you catfish the person for? I used to do it on omegle but obviously that would end when the chat finished. Back then I kind of wished I was a boy so I'd try and see if I could pass for one. Bit weird when I think about it now though.
    Idk about 2 days to a week and ive done it multiple times. It was like 2 yrs ago tho. Id never do it again. Boys are much easier to catfish tbh. So if you did try as a boy, it wouldnt last cos girls know better

ReputationRep:
    Nope! That's why I watch the tv show lol when it comes to online dating, you must must just speak on the phone, know it's the person, video chat and what not

ReputationRep:
    I've never been* catfished (not that I know of, At least) but I can imagine how heartbreaking and humiliating it must be. Trusting someone only to find out later that they're not exactly who they say they are must be a really painful experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swanqueen)
    i've never catfished (not that i know of, at least) but i can imagine how heartbreaking and humiliating it must be. Trusting someone only to find out later that they're not exactly who they say they are must be a really painful experience.
    ommmmmggg!!! Its emma swan!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Idk about 2 days to a week and ive done it multiple times. It was like 2 yrs ago tho. Id never do it again. Boys are much easier to catfish tbh. So if you did try as a boy, it wouldnt last cos girls know better
    That's odd behaviour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gjd800)
    That's odd behaviour.
    I’m not proud of it but whatever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sadflower)
    ommmmmggg!!! Its emma swan!!!!!
    A OUAT fan on TSR! Yaaaasss!

(Original post by gjd800)
    That's odd behaviour.
    i heard ur not even michael collins

ReputationRep:
    i heard ur not even michael collins
    Pay no heed to those Huns.

ReputationRep:
    I AM OBSESSED WITH THE SHOW! very sad its canceled, never missed an episode in my life!!
    (Original post by SwanQueen)
    A OUAT fan on TSR! Yaaaasss!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Nah. Probs would have if I’d have fallen for those thirst trap Dm’s on instagram. But I know better than that.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 6, 2018
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.