Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, thanks to anyone who responses to my inquiry. I am from Singapore and I have already received my A-level results: AAAB for Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, and Geography respectively. I have also been given a conditional offer from Imperial College of London for the Mechanical Engineering course. However, the condition is that I obtain AAAA for the 4 subjects I mentioned above. Do you think it is still possible that I would still be accepted? Especially since I scored AAAA in my preliminary examinations. Hope to hear from anyone soon, thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Of course they don't have take you in but most likely they will. I can't really speak for the ICoL because I never applied there but usually universities take people when they had one grade lower than expected so I think you definitely have a chance! Especially that they want to take as much international students as they can.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Jstnlee1997)
    Firstly, thanks to anyone who responses to my inquiry. I am from Singapore and I have already received my A-level results: AAAB for Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, and Geography respectively. I have also been given a conditional offer from Imperial College of London for the Mechanical Engineering course. However, the condition is that I obtain AAAA for the 4 subjects I mentioned above. Do you think it is still possible that I would still be accepted? Especially since I scored AAAA in my preliminary examinations. Hope to hear from anyone soon, thank you!
    It's possible, but you won't know for sure until the A-level Results Day in August. It's only then that Imperial will know how many others have missed their offers and if they are in a position to relax some conditions for a few near misses.

Best thing is to achieve your offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 6, 2018
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.