Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I was wondering if anyone has any advice on how to begin studying for the german telc tests...

I would like to learn german to complete the B1 (possibly B2) level and need some guidance on how to start as I am completly new to the language.
    Having taken absolutely no classes in German before (only an IB level german textbook and my fluency in French and English at my disposal), if anyone has any experience with the exam, has received training or classes in preperation, or has any information on the type of studying I should be doing, resources that are useful and expectations, your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I you're in a hurry, I'd say take proper intensive courses. CEFR level B2 is quite a far step from zero – it's comparable to A-level German. GCSE German would be at CEFR level A2. So... lots of blood, sweat and tears coming on to you there...
How are you feeling about your exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.