Turn on thread page Beta

What progress do you want to see for women? watch

• TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Today is International Women's Day and the focus is #PressForProgress. We all have different ideas of success and equality so what does women's progress mean to you? And what do you want to see? Is there any progress you're pressing for?

Get it? Progress.

More IWD threads: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5236682

ReputationRep:
    Wage equality and equal rights for WOMEN

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yungaheartz)
    Wage equality and equal rights for WOMEN

In which countries though.. cause I despair if you think women don't have equal rights or equal pay in the UK-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greycorns)
    In which countries though.. cause I despair if you think women don't have equal rights or equal pay in the UK-
    we don't have equal pay for women, educate yourself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shashiz)
    Yes, women do. It is actually illegal in the UK to give 2 jobs which are the exact same with different pay to 2 equally qualified people. Educate yourself. Women's rights in the UK are not the issue, it is an issue in countries where their religious beliefs make them think that women are inferior. The so called "wage gap" is only due to the different jobs women do to men. This may be as a result of education injustice between women and men MANY years ago, but there is absolutely NO pay gap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shashiz)
    Present some actual points to back that up?

otherwise i can just say. we do have equal pay for women, educate yourself.

There is a lot of inequality for women no doubt but in the uk pay is certainly not one of them.

What i want for women is for men to stop using radical feminists as a reason to call all feminists crazy.

I would also love for the pursuit of equality to not use a gender orientated word although i fully understand why it does.

ReputationRep:
    Just to clarify, in the UK women and men are equal in rights and pay. The true inequalities are for women in less educated countries and for the newer matters such as Trans rights

ReputationRep:
    I want to stop seeing them posting selfies on Instagram and Facebook with their tits hanging out, then moaning that men don't respect them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glassapple)
    I want to stop seeing them posting selfies on Instagram and Facebook with their tits hanging out, then moaning that men don't respect them.
    Ikr!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by 403Forbidden)
    Yes, women do. It is actually illegal in the UK to give 2 jobs which are the exact same with different pay to 2 equally qualified people. Educate yourself. Women's rights in the UK are not the issue, it is an issue in countries where their religious beliefs make them think that women are inferior. The so called "wage gap" is only due to the different jobs women do to men. This may be as a result of education injustice between women and men MANY years ago, but there is absolutely NO pay gap
    (edited quote to remove insults)
    http://www.pnas.org/content/109/41/16474
    https://www.theguardian.com/business...op-floor-staff (the latest in a series of discrimination claims against companies who pay men more to load trolleys that women unload - along the same lines as this case from back in 2010 https://www.theguardian.com/society/...ingham-council )

You're right that it's illegal - but so is a whole bunch of things that still go on :rolleyes: Did you know that it is ILLEGAL to drive above the speed limit in the UK and has been since 1861? And so speeding is no longer a problem and doesn't contribute to any accidents anymore :indiff:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.