Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Personally I want to be an infants/ reception teacher in primary school. What about you guys? Just curious 😀😁

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently interested in a career in either flood risk management or hydrographic surveying
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    My aim is to be a zookeeper but I'm not sure that'll ever happen :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Either tourism-related translation/tour guiding/marketing/advertising (preferably using my French and Spanish)
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Wasabi farmer.

ReputationRep:
    High Priest of Ptah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Changing Skies)
    Not with that attitude! You wanna do something, make moves and go do it! I believe in you 😁
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Purplemonkeys)
    Personally I want to be an infants/ reception teacher in primary school. What about you guys? Just curious 😀😁
    Probably finance/consulting or tech then evaluate a transition to something else (staying, buyside, corporate, entrepreneurship etc) when the time comes. Maybe or maybe not do an MBA.

End goal is to be a partner/MD in finance/consulting or a senior executive (either founding/co-founding or working for one). Worst case - junior exec (i.e. junior VP or general manager).

Or I could just sod it all and stick to being a software engineer or 'get gud kid' and pursue quant finance. We shall see.

I would love to transition into being a philanthropist after my career (and maybe even an ambassador or a high level policy adviser).

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Purplemonkeys)
    Planned to make a career as a scientist, then I thought about a career as a writer or artist, I changed my mind again and would love to be an ambassador in Japan. The end of the story: I am working something in an office, as I was unable to decide what I exactly want to my life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    Planned to make a career as a scientist, then I thought about a career as a writer or artist, I changed my mind again and would love to be an ambassador in Japan. The end of the story: I am working something in an office, as I was unable to decide what I exactly want to my life.
    There is still time, mate!

ReputationRep:
    A career where I'm financially secure, one I like and to AVOID retiring at 78.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by gjd800)
    There is still time, mate!
    But I am still insecure. To make a decision which would have consequences to my surrounding and the people I feel connected to is so frightening to myself.

ReputationRep:
    But I am still insecure. To make a decision which would have consequences to my surrounding and the people I feel connected to is so frightening to myself.
    I can understand that, and there is always the danger of getting stuck in a rut of convenience (it happened to me). I guess you'll just know when something is worth taking a chance on when it happens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leviathan1741)
    I'm currently interested in a career in either flood risk management or hydrographic surveying
    Wow that sounds so interesting, I'm guessing you're passionate about geography then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Changing Skies)
    Aww I'm sure it will as long as you believe in yourself. You can do it! 😀

ReputationRep:
    You can always quit and do what you love if you don't enjoy your current job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IKEAPanda37)
    Either tourism-related translation/tour guiding/marketing/advertising (preferably using my French and Spanish)
    Wow, guess you must love languages? Languages are great!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    Wasabi farmer.
    Wasabi farmer? I didn't know that was even a job. That's so cool!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gjd800)
    High Priest of Ptah.
    That sounds quite diverse.

ReputationRep:
    Kinda wanna to go into veterinary kinda don't

idk i'm not really sure on what I want to do

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.