Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What careers do you guys want? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Personally I want to be a toilet cleaner. I've even started writing my cv for places like burger king and mcdonalds, even though i'm still in school I'm super keen! My parents aren't very supportive but i'll prove them wrong when I become the best toilet cleaner in the world!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Changing Skies)
    My aim is to be a zookeeper but I'm not sure that'll ever happen :sad:
    Better let me pet the animals

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shiba_Inu)
    Personally I want to be a toilet cleaner. I've even started writing my cv for places like burger king and mcdonalds, even though i'm still in school I'm super keen! My parents aren't very supportive but i'll prove them wrong when I become the best toilet cleaner in the world!
    SHOW EM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Giovannaglr15)
    I am interested in doing a career within Art and Design, which is why I’m taking a Level 3 BTEC course in September at Shrewsbury College! 😁

It’s always been a dream of mine to become a Fashion designer and now I have the opportunity to do it! Hopefully I get the grades needed in order to do it! 🤞
    Well done, good luck, fingers crossed! I'm sure you'll get the grades. Art and design in general is so creative.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shiba_Inu)
    You show them! If it's what you want to do, go for it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Purplemonkeys)
    Wow, guess you must love languages? Languages are great!
    Sure do :gah::gah::gah:
    Studying Modern Languages and Translation at uni so yeah definitely my area of interest :love:
    They r the best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IKEAPanda37)
    Sure do :gah::gah::gah:
    Studying Modern Languages and Translation at uni so yeah definitely my area of interest :love:
    They r the best
    They're our only clear way of communication as body language doesn't really work. I prefer English and writing really but I still really like languages. Which is your favourite?

ReputationRep:
    I wanna be a social worker I’m doing GCSEs in yr 10 then wanna do psychology, sociology, and maybe law then maybe a joint honours bachelors degree in sociology and criminology and a masters in social work
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lukem14)
    I wanna be a social worker I’m doing GCSEs in yr 10 then wanna do psychology, sociology, and maybe law then maybe a joint honours bachelors degree in sociology and criminology and a masters in social work
    Wow you're organised. That sounds great, I like the general idea of working with and helping people

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, just planning what I intend to be a TV show to send to BBC writers room when I'm old enough and have another idea which I could also send, will make sure I follow your advice. I enter writing completions when I can; once I got through to the second round of 1000 words and got poetry and short stories published with Young Writers, bit aspire to do better for that. Do you enter writing competitions? I'll take your advice both about writing and teaching 😀
    I do enter competitions occasionally, but it's often tricky with age restrictions and some make you pay!!!! I've never won one but it's worth the experience anyway 😂 when you don't quite have enough time writing or you basically cba I've been told to read as exposure to as many different types of writing will help 😊 and just google tips from Pinterest and make inspiration boards if you don't already- Pinterest is my best friend 😂
    As for teaching, there two types of courses which are Gtp and pgcse, gtp I think is the one you get paid for but it's worth searching the pros and cons of both and choosing which ever sounds the best! My mother was made to do both which was absolute hell so I recommend you stay away from combined courses like that!! happy to answer anything you want to ask 👍

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HattieTheSwann)
    I do enter competitions occasionally, but it's often tricky with age restrictions and some make you pay!!!! I've never won one but it's worth the experience anyway 😂 when you don't quite have enough time writing or you basically cba I've been told to read as exposure to as many different types of writing will help 😊 and just google tips from Pinterest and make inspiration boards if you don't already- Pinterest is my best friend 😂
    As for teaching, there two types of courses which are Gtp and pgcse, gtp I think is the one you get paid for but it's worth searching the pros and cons of both and choosing which ever sounds the best! My mother was made to do both which was absolute hell so I recommend you stay away from combined courses like that!! happy to answer anything you want to ask 👍
    Thanks will do 😀

ReputationRep:
    Something in tech hopefully. Software engineering maybe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fazzy_77)
    Something in tech hopefully. Software engineering maybe?
    Sounds great, a lot of careers soon will be in tech I think. Good luck! 😀

ReputationRep:
    Well I've applied to do a degree in EEE, and I'd then like to work with electric cars for example. But my main goal is to join a company or set my own to mine asteroids

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jsk800)
    Well I've applied to do a degree in EEE, and I'd then like to work with electric cars for example. But my main goal is to join a company or set my own to mine asteroids
    Wow, how cool! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Personally I want to be an infants/ reception teacher in primary school. What about you guys? Just curious 😀😁
    At the moment, I want to be a primary school teacher too
    ever since I did work experience at one and loved it! I was in a year 2 class

My back-up plan is to do something in mental health such as psychology or psychiatry.

ReputationRep:
    Embalmer

ReputationRep:
    I am in year 11 just about to take my exams and I want to become a primary school teacher mostly because I loved my work experience in a primary school. I am planning to take Psychology A-level, Politics & Government A-level and Health & Social Care BTEC at college because I want to keep my options open. If I don't go into primary school teaching, my back-up plans would be working in mental health and politics if that doesn't work out either.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.