Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I left school at 12 due to bereavement/bullying reasons....I’m now nearly 17 and want to study to become a mid-wife.
    I don’t know where to start in terms of GCSEs should I speak to my local college or schools? or try a home course?
    I’d prefer to be in an educational environment rather than home study.
    I’m in the Dorset area if that helps.

    many colleges offer GCSE courses! i recommend going there. some sixth-form colleges do too, so you can study with people around your age
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

    College 100%. I did home learning for GCSEs in my mid 20s and it's really hard when your knowledge is limited. As far as I'm aware your local college should offer English and Maths GCSEs for free if you don't already have a C or better. It would be advisable to do Science too as you'd struggle going into an A level or equivalent with no experience. My local college does Science GCSE for £400 which is loads cheaper than home learning and you'll get better teaching.


students online now


Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.