Turn on thread page Beta

Starting a new job but been offered an interview. Please help!! watch

So I have got myself in a difficult situation and wonder if anyone has any advise. I was offered a job and will be starting it next week but i have been offered an interview for a job i have really wanted this week. It is also my last week at my current job this week. Do i mention it in the interview that i am starting a new position next week and say this was the only job that got back to me when i was job searching? I am really confused as to what i should do
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Start your new job and go to the interview. Don't mention it because they don't need to know. If you are offered the job and decide to take it, you just resign from the job you've just started. Normally within the first 3 months or so you can resign with immediate notice.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Yup, DrawTheLine is correct.
    We've all done it, you feel bad but you have to take the job you would prefer.

Thank you for your responses. Also is there anyway for my new job to find oit i was working here if i do not mention it to them?

ReputationRep:
    Nah wouldn't think so, esp that short term. I'd just bend the truth a bit and say I was considering other offers. If you get and accept the new job just rip the band off with the old one, just be honest.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 13, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.