Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

• Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Hayleymalayley)
    I’ve been emailing Anglia Ruskin University about their new Medicine degree.
    You need 5 GCSEs A-C and 3 AAA A levels to meet the standard to apply.
    I’m a mature student who sadly didn’t take school seriously and now I’m looking to start again.
    I’m redoing GCSEs so I have 5 and then I’ll be doing my A levels BUT I can only do them from home NO WHERE offers A levels to adults it’s so frustrating.
    Now, when you do them from home you don’t get the practical side in sciences and a lot of med schools want you to have done that, so you can pay (a lot of money!) to do these.
    Well Anglia Ruskin have said as long as the A level is a reputable A level that’s fine. All they want is the grade !
    Hallelujah !
    Was this an informational or was the query amended?
    If AR dont require it, then will you be applying to others that will?

Dont forget the 5GCSE rule will be a minimum. Obviously make sure yu have English, Maths, Chemistry and Biology.

Colleges that do A levels are very rare. I think its the better option for medicine , but there are also Access courses.

You can also study by distance learning or just teach yourself. If you arent used t studying then these methods can be quite hard and require very good organisation.

The only thing I will emphasise is that for A levels then no resits or you must ensure all exams are sat within a 2 year window. Make sure you are ready before the clock starts ticking.
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.