Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Delete
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Hayleymalayley)
    Hi,
    I’ve been emailing Anglia Ruskin University about their new Medicine degree.
    You need 5 GCSEs A-C and 3 AAA A levels to meet the standard to apply.
    I’m a mature student who sadly didn’t take school seriously and now I’m looking to start again.
    I’m redoing GCSEs so I have 5 and then I’ll be doing my A levels BUT I can only do them from home NO WHERE offers A levels to adults it’s so frustrating.
    Now, when you do them from home you don’t get the practical side in sciences and a lot of med schools want you to have done that, so you can pay (a lot of money!) to do these.
    Well Anglia Ruskin have said as long as the A level is a reputable A level that’s fine. All they want is the grade !
    Hallelujah !
    Was this an informational or was the query amended?
    If AR dont require it, then will you be applying to others that will?

Dont forget the 5GCSE rule will be a minimum. Obviously make sure yu have English, Maths, Chemistry and Biology.

Colleges that do A levels are very rare. I think its the better option for medicine , but there are also Access courses.

You can also study by distance learning or just teach yourself. If you arent used t studying then these methods can be quite hard and require very good organisation.

The only thing I will emphasise is that for A levels then no resits or you must ensure all exams are sat within a 2 year window. Make sure you are ready before the clock starts ticking.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 6, 2018

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.