Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am going into college this year and am finding it hard to decide on whether to do BTEC or A level Law.

I want to do Sociology, English Language and Law.

At the college I want to go to it says the BTEC is equivalent to an A level but just coursework, no exams.
    I have heard A level Law is a lot to remember in terms of studies, names etc and personally I am not good at that and feel it would make me so uninterested in the subject because of the amount of revision needed.

Should I do BTEC law?
    Anyone who does do it can i have some advice on what it's like?
    Thank you x

ReputationRep:
    I currently take A-Level Law from home and I have taken a few Btec’s in the past. btecs are normally seen as “less important” “not as hard” and not as rewarding. I’m not sure about law and coursework as I’ve never heard of a btec in law?! And I’m not sure if it’s very rewarding when applying for universities etc.

ReputationRep:
    I am currently studying A level law and yes you do have to remember quite a lot. However my teacher that used to be a barrister, told us that if you want to get into the university to study law, they will definitely would rather have you have A level law instead of BTEC Law. Of course, some univeristies will still take you in, however I would go down the A level route even if you are not planning on studying law in university.

Depends on which modules you will be doing, A level law can be quite interesting. Sure, there are topics that will bore you to death but you always have modules like offences against the person or murder that are quite interesting because are case based.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whitneeyle)
    I currently take A-Level Law from home and I have taken a few Btec’s in the past. btecs are normally seen as “less important” “not as hard” and not as rewarding. I’m not sure about law and coursework as I’ve never heard of a btec in law?! And I’m not sure if it’s very rewarding when applying for universities etc.

Are you ??!!! me too and how are you finding it? Im struggling only with 4C have you done 4C yet ?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloeellen52)
    I am going into college this year and am finding it hard to decide on whether to do BTEC or A level Law.

I want to do Sociology, English Language and Law.

At the college I want to go to it says the BTEC is equivalent to an A level but just coursework, no exams.
    I have heard A level Law is a lot to remember in terms of studies, names etc and personally I am not good at that and feel it would make me so uninterested in the subject because of the amount of revision needed.

Should I do BTEC law?
    Anyone who does do it can i have some advice on what it's like?
    Thank you x

you can do alevel law i dont even know you but i believe in you. Do alevel you can get that A* i'm currently teaching myself last year i got a B and iv NEVER done law before now im currently preparing myself for A2 Law

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 90'S)
    you can do alevel law i dont even know you but i believe in you. Do alevel you can get that A* i'm currently teaching myself last year i got a B and iv NEVER done law before now im currently preparing myself for A2 Law
    thank you, i just feel i might benefit more from BTEC as it gives me more skills and ability to learn through experience than spending time memorising for exams, and i am not that good at exams, especially trying to remember a lot of things, it makes me disinterested in the subject.

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.