Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I'm looking to self-study an A-level to bolster prior academic performance. I was wondering how well Sociology lends itself to self-study? Is the structure of the course easy to follow and manage for somebody with no help from a tutor or parents? How many hours a week do you think I would need to allocate?

Also, does anybody know which exam board would be best for self-study? I'm looking for the one with the most easily-accessible resources, revisions material etc. and with the clearest structure and marking criteria. I've seen AQA mentioned a lot but also OCR.

Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    Imho, sociology below degree level is read, remember, regurgitate. No actual critical thinking involved.

My goto in Coursera. It's free, reputable, and you can get a certificate for most courses ~ £20 to £50, maybe more costly, but none that I've seen.

Link to free Social Sciences courses - Coursera

Hope that helps

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 6, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.