TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Results here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5244752

Congratulations to RayApparently :yy:

Thread closed... until next year. :ahee:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Somebody who has about as many opinions as an inanimate object, somebody who is so inactive on the MHoC I forgot who they were, somebody who had a lacklustre year with exception to the roles they received, somebody who was active but did not achieve a large amount, somebody who's inclusion is merely based on the job they were elected to do, somebody who is probably not even seen in leftist circles these days, somebody who has stayed out of the limelight and controversy, somebody who is practically a vobot due to his obligations and somebody who follows his leader in being afraid of confrontation.

Where are the people who actually did anything last year, posted legislation or were active on the MHoC? Joep95 is the most noteworthy person to not be included in this ridiculous contest, who actually would have deserved a vote due to his consistent activity.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Saunders16)
    Somebody who has about as many opinions as an inanimate object, somebody who is so inactive on the MHoC I forgot who they were, somebody who had a lacklustre year with exception to the roles they received, somebody who was active but did not achieve a large amount, somebody who's inclusion is merely based on the job they were elected to do, somebody who is probably not even seen in leftist circles these days, somebody who has stayed out of the limelight and controversy, somebody who is practically a vobot due to his obligations and somebody who follows his leader in being afraid of confrontation.

Where are the people who actually did anything last year, posted legislation or were active on the MHoC? joecphillips is the most noteworthy person to not be included in this ridiculous contest, who actually would have deserved a vote due to his consistent activity.
    That's what happens when everyone nominates themselves. Bad luck.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    That's what happens when everyone nominates themselves. Bad luck.
    I care little for the contest, but this does not seem to be a sufficient explanation; I expect Joep95 received multiple nominations along with other members. I struggle to see how anybody other than CoffeeGeek, Afcwimbledon2, Saracen's Fez and potentially DayneD89 ended up on the list.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Can I just say that I really have no idea who nominated me. As you all know, I have retired from the MHoC :lol: I didn't even get a chance to nominate for any community awards this year as I simply don't have the time. So, I apologise for those who are well deserving to be nominated and weren't. Really, I do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)
    Can I just say that I really have no idea who nominated me. As you all know, I have retired from the MHoC :lol: I didn't even get a chance to nominate for any community awards this year as I simply don't have the time. So, I apologise for those who are well deserving to be nominated and weren't. Really, I do.
    If what you say is true, you would reject the award on principle if you happened to win.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Jacob E)
    If what you say is true, you would reject the award on principle if you happened to win.
    I doubt I will win but I was going to do that anyway. I don't accept things I don't deserve. You really think that low of me? Jesus. :lol: Have some faith.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)
    I doubt I will win but I was going to do that anyway. I don't accept things I don't deserve. You really think that low of me? Jesus. :lol: Have some faith.
    You were a Liberal member; a title is a title to that rabble.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Jacob E)
    You were a Liberal member; a title is a title to that rabble.
    If you say so
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    This seems like the most pointless contest ever tbh
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    This seems like the most pointless contest ever tbh
    No more so than the MHoC Awards, or indeed the MHoC elections - it's just a bit of fun.

ReputationRep:
    I care little for the contest, but this does not seem to be a sufficient explanation; I expect Joep95 received multiple nominations along with other members. I struggle to see how anybody other than CoffeeGeek, Afcwimbledon2, Saracen's Fez and potentially DayneD89 ended up on the list.
    Cheers Saunders...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    No more so than the MHoC Awards, or indeed the MHoC elections - it's just a bit of fun.
    This is even worse than the MHoC elections, it requires cliques to nominate each other assuming more than one nomination is necessary (otherwise this becomes unfair rather than merely badly run.

(Original post by Afcwimbledon2)
    Cheers Saunders...
    You love my cynicism really :giggle:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    This is even worse than the MHoC elections, it requires cliques to nominate each other assuming more than one nomination is necessary (otherwise this becomes unfair rather than merely badly run.
    That is just as true for the MHoC Awards, I don't recall you complaining then.

I do not know how many nominations were required to make the shortlist, but is was certainly more than one (and as I say, if you all nominate yourselves, which evidently you all did, there is bound to be an eclectic mix of nominees).
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    That is just as true for the MHoC Awards, I don't recall you complaining then.

I do not know how many nominations were required to make the shortlist, but is was certainly more than one (and as I say, if you all nominate yourselves, which evidently you all did, there is bound to be an eclectic mix of nominees).
    This is a claim you cannot back up with evidence, as people do not nominate themselves in the MHoC Awards. I would have expected a level of apathy and some people to vote for themselves, as this was not organised within the MHoC itself. Nonetheless, it is ridiculous that people like Airmed found their way onto this vote. If more than one nomination is required, this type of situation arises where the vote becomes utterly meaningless.

ReputationRep:
    Someone in this thread is salty he wasn't nominated. :mmm:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Perhaps next year you will be nominated. :hugs: But remember to vote! :awesome:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    Someone in this thread is salty he wasn't nominated. :mmm:
    Perhaps next year you will be nominated. :hugs: But remember to vote! :awesome:
    I understand why you would say this but I am just saying that this is a terrible set of candidates, which is why I won't be voting. For the record, I do not believe I would have been a worthy winner. I mentioned four nominations that held some form of justifcation; other members I can think of from each party that would have been better (to varying degrees) are JellyMilk for becoming the Labour Party's most prominent member, PetrosAC for his work in the Liberal Party (and Speakership, if that is deemed an acceptable criteria), Vitiate for his importance in the Conservative Party last year, Gladstone1885 for leading the Libertarian Party to their first election and Joep95 for being the most active member this year. All of these members held more relevance at different points last year than 04MR17, Airmed, TeeEf and ns_2.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Except the MHoC elections are internal and actually based on the previous term as opposed to external and based on the last 2 months.

ReputationRep:
    If the MHoC sent a member to intrude on a different part of the forum to make a post advertising the MHoC the post would be removed with the member likely receiving a small punishment. It should follow that when a use from another part of the sites enters the MHoC to promote something that they should be given the same treatment.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.