Turn on thread page Beta

Vote for Parliamentarian of the Year watch

Announcements
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Jacob E)
    If the MHoC sent a member to intrude on a different part of the forum to make a post advertising the MHoC the post would be removed with the member likely receiving a small punishment. It should follow that when a use from another part of the sites enters the MHoC to promote something that they should be given the same treatment.
    Do you mean me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    Do you mean me?
    Well have a guess, you're the only person who fits what Jacob is saying. I don't think you had to ask.

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean me?
    In the absence of any other member coming from a different part of TSR to create a thread promoting something in the MHoC, I think that would be a resounding yes.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    In the absence of any other member coming from a different part of TSR to create a thread promoting something in the MHoC, I think that would be a resounding yes.
    This is a TSR-wide project and the category of award being advertised is directly related to the MHoC. If you don't like that... well, that's tough. Take it up with the CT if you want to complain.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    If the MHoC sent a member to intrude on a different part of the forum to make a post advertising the MHoC the post would be removed with the member likely receiving a small punishment. It should follow that when a use from another part of the sites enters the MHoC to promote something that they should be given the same treatment.
    I disagree. Encouraging forums to mingle is a good thing imo and this is relevant to here. Besides, we're soon going to be looking at ways to advertise the referendum. Lets not set a precedent we'll regret
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Saunders16)
    I care little for the contest, but this does not seem to be a sufficient explanation; I expect Joep95 received multiple nominations along with other members. I struggle to see how anybody other than CoffeeGeek, Afcwimbledon2, Saracen's Fez and potentially DayneD89 ended up on the list.
    You can’t have a very long memory. I assume I was nominated because for half of 2017 I was prime minister.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Somebody who has about as many opinions as an inanimate object

Where are the people who actually did anything last year, posted legislation or were active on the MHoC? Joep95 is the most noteworthy person to not be included in this ridiculous contest, who actually would have deserved a vote due to his consistent activity.
    :hat2:

Did you nominate them? If you didn't, you can't complain about the fact that they weren't nominated.
    (Original post by Airmed)
    Can I just say that I really have no idea who nominated me. As you all know, I have retired from the MHoC :lol: I didn't even get a chance to nominate for any community awards this year as I simply don't have the time. So, I apologise for those who are well deserving to be nominated and weren't. Really, I do.
    I thought Paracosm was having a joke to be honest.

I understand why you would say this but I am just saying that this is a terrible set of candidates, which is why I won't be voting. For the record, I do not believe I would have been a worthy winner. I mentioned four nominations that held some form of justifcation; other members I can think of from each party that would have been better (to varying degrees) are JellyMilk for becoming the Labour Party's most prominent member, PetrosAC for his work in the Liberal Party (and Speakership, if that is deemed an acceptable criteria), Vitiate for his importance in the Conservative Party last year, Gladstone1885 for leading the Libertarian Party to their first election and Joep95 for being the most active member this year. All of these members held more relevance at different points last year than 04MR17, Airmed, TeeEf and ns_2.
    I must say that I'm surprised to be up there in that category, but the nominees are determined by the nominations and if people don't nominate the worthy winners you've outlined then expect the nominees to not be the ones you wanted.

You seem to forget that MHoC is one part of TSR, not a partner forum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)

Did you nominate them? If you didn't, you can't complain about the fact that they weren't nominated.

I must say that I'm surprised to be up there in that category, but the nominees are determined by the nominations and if people don't nominate the worthy winners you've outlined then expect the nominees to not be the ones you wanted.

You are right, the MHoC is part of TSR, as the MHoC is part of TSR it should be right for the MHoC to advertise itself around TSR as other TSR features do in the MHoC. But we know the advertising works one way, undermining the whole point you are trying to make.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)

As has been said before here and in other places, I nominated members who are not on the poll, Joe nominated members who are not on the poll, and Saunders nominated members who are not on the poll. That implies there needed to be a minimum number of nominations to be included in the poll, or the ST creating the poll cherry-pick their favourites, which is likely.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    You are right, the MHoC is part of TSR, as the MHoC is part of TSR it should be right for the MHoC to advertise itself around TSR as other TSR features do in the MHoC.
    I agree.
    As has been said before here and in other places, I nominated members who are not on the poll, Joe nominated members who are not on the poll, and Saunders nominated members who are not on the poll. That implies there needed to be a minimum number of nominations to be included in the poll, or the ST creating the poll cherry-pick their favourites, which is likely.
    To my knowledge, no cherry picking occurrs and if it is it'd be the CT rather than the ST. You can go to AtCT over that if you want it looked at, they'd hear you out.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by DayneD89)
    I disagree. Encouraging forums to mingle is a good thing imo and this is relevant to here. Besides, we're soon going to be looking at ways to advertise the referendum. Lets not set a precedent we'll regret
    It might be good, but that does not change that if this were done the other way around the CT would come down heavily, this isn't even advertising something active, it's just another bunch of pointless awards that I doubt many people actually care about and will be forgotten in a week with the relevant part of the site I assume being made private for another 11 months.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    It might be good, but that does not change that if this were done the other way around the CT would come down heavily, this isn't even advertising something active, it's just another bunch of pointless awards that I doubt many people actually care about and will be forgotten in a week with the relevant part of the site I assume being made private for another 11 months.
    With respect, you're just going to have to deal with it. It happened, and it will happen again next year, and the year after and so on. This is not a MHoC issue (meaning, it's not something the Speaker could influence even if he wanted to), this is a TSR-wide project and it will be advertised accordingly.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    With respect, you're just going to have to deal with it. It happened, and it will happen again next year, and the year after and so on. This is not a MHoC issue (meaning, it's not something the Speaker could influence even if he wanted to), this is a TSR-wide project and it will be advertised accordingly.
    Don't worry, I'm using to putting up with inconsistency with the CT.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    From speaking to members of the CT my experience is that they are happy for us to advertise the MHoC to the rest of TSR when its done in a way that is relevant and also benefits the forum it's posted in.

To give an example I had permission to post the next question time outside of this forum, but after two weeks with only one question (and one reply) I decided it wasn't worth it for that.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.