Turn on thread page Beta

would you date a boy with muslim backround? watch

Announcements

opinions pls
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I'd certainly find it odd if someone had a muslim as their screen background

ReputationRep:
    some do; some don't.

ReputationRep:
    only if they were not practising

Ive seen some muslim boys who have like really religious themed instagram posts and bios talking about hell and heaven etc

yet they still message you the DMs and wanting to go on dates.

ReputationRep:
    Surely it depends on the guy, religion shouldn't really come into it unless they try and push their beliefs on you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheFarmerLad)
    I'd certainly find it odd if someone had a muslim as their screen background
    lol

No.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmallDiction)
    Surely it depends on the guy, religion shouldn't really come into it unless they try and push their beliefs on you?
    even if they dont push their beliefs, wouldnt feel comfortable dating someone who is constantly judging you or thinks less of you for behaving or thinking in a certain way behind your back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah00)
    even if they dont push their beliefs, wouldnt feel comfortable dating someone who is constantly judging you or thinks less of you for behaving or thinking in a certain way behind your back
    That is true, again it depends on the guy, they might well be Muslim but they might respect your choice not to be.

ReputationRep:
    If I was a girl, yeah. There shouldn't be a stereotype on not dating someone based on their ethnicity or religion.
    I'd date a Muslim girl. If I liked her personality and we both got on well, why not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah00)
    Interesting that you think that we think this way- if I’m with you, it’s because I like you so why would I judge you? We ain’t machines to analyse things constantly

I would not want to someone from a different faith. Also I would never want a vegan either. From my experience, many are like those Jehovah witnesses. Always criticising your lifestyle and trying to force you to be vegan.

I have seen with other people where this has caused problems as well.

So cut a long story short, I would want someone who shares same views lifestyle as me.

Sure, why not lol

ReputationRep:
    hell no

ReputationRep:
    I would probably not unless I didn't need to convert if I ended up long term with him and his parents knew about me...so no hiding and lying....
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    nope

ReputationRep:
    Well as a non religious Muslim who don't believe in god I would normally advised other people to not date Muslims.Unless they're non religious where their belief in Islam is like Zayn Malik who doesn't give a ****,most British Muslims are in fact religious and contradictory to your values.Those religious one would sometime end up marrying one of their own.Even if they don't and they plan to be with you,be prepare to be in Bollywood drama where they have to choose either you or their family.

ReputationRep:
    no chanse

whats a boy with a muslim background doing dating anyways?

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/-3nNJzrYAYw/hqdefault.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adz2042)
    If I was a girl, yeah. There shouldn't be a stereotype on not dating someone based on their ethnicity or religion.
    I'd date a Muslim girl. If I liked her personality and we both got on well, why not?
    because if you fell in love with her and wanted to get married to her you'd have to convert first which means giving up booze and pork and worst still - getting the tip of yer knob sliced off. is any woman worth that sh it?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 6, 2018
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.