would you date a boy with muslim backround? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollowpayne001)
    non religious Muslim who don't believe in god
    marks will be awarded for simplifying your answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nerry)
    because if you fell in love with her and wanted to get married to her you'd have to convert first which means giving up booze and pork and worst still - getting the tip of yer knob sliced off. is any woman worth that sh it?
    That's fine. I only drink cider as I dislike all other types of alcohol. So going without it for months, or years wouldn't bother me.
    No pork? OK. Can have vegetables or other food. Wouldn't like the other part, but that may be in extreme versions of Islam like Sharia Law - which I won't do.

ReputationRep:
    Hell no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SherlockD)
    Interesting that you think that we think this way- if I’m with you, it’s because I like you so why would I judge you? We ain’t machines to analyse things constantly
    post an image on instagram talking about how not wearing a scarf means your going to hell

30 seconds later: oh you were town today? why didnt you tell me, we could have gone on a date (where I will not be wearing a scarf)

It does not at all matter what the guys religion is, if he is good with you and you like him as well it would be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah00)
    post an image on instagram talking about how not wearing a scarf means your going to hell

30 seconds later: oh you were town today? why didnt you tell me, we could have gone on a date (where I will not be wearing a scarf)
    And it's every muslim guy that thinks like that? You can't have these stereotypes before you've even been with someone. We aint all that extreme.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SherlockD)
    And it's every muslim guy that thinks like that? You can't have these stereotypes before you've even been with someone. We aint all that extreme.
    the practising/religious ones (who are large majority) by definition are.

Like saying, you cant judge all vegans hate meat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah00)
    the practising/religious ones (who are large majority) by definition are.

Like saying, you cant judge all vegans hate meat
    You're blinded by ignorance

ReputationRep:
    Well I’m straight so no...
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Since I am not a paedophile, no, I wouldn't.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.
    Religion wouldn't play a part at all.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Coming from a 'Muslim boy", I don't really think it's worth it - depending on what you mean by "Muslim" of course.

I don't really practise and I've been leaning more towards agnostic for some years but my family are super strict. My girlfriend at present decided I was still worth it but it's been very tough and to this day I still don't know quite what's wrong with her

I completely understand why many girls would want to just cut the drama and date within their own faith/culture tbh, but again, it depends on the individual circumstances.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 6, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.