Turn on thread page Beta

Out for dinner, advice please watch

I'm going out for dinner with a group of friends, one of whom is a girl I've fancied since the first day I met her.

I'm currently in a relationship but think I would really like to be in a relationship with this girl.

How should I play the situation?

ReputationRep:
    Treat her as a friend on this occasion.
    Ask her questions that really get her thinking, such as: If you could turn any Disney classic movie into a live action staring yourself, what character would you choose, and why?
    If she doesn't like Disney, then think of alternatives: EG: What do you prefer? Shreddies or Cheerios? / What is your biggest life achievement? / What is your favourite 3 course meal? / What is your high score in a game of bowling?
    If she's engaging in the answers, then she likes you. If she gives you one worded answers, push her to elaborate (explain).
    You'll think of something.
    Hope it goes well.

ReputationRep:
    Why are you in a relationship if you're thinking about being with someone else? That's not really fair on your girlfriend is it. How would you feel if you were in her position?

I think you should decide what you want and if you want to be in a relationship with this other girl, then ask her out. Don't start anything with this girl whilst you're still in a relationship.

Step 1: Break up with gf cos you don't deserve her

ReputationRep:
    tell your gf you want to be with someone else, she deserves the truth

this site is really making me lose faith in humanity

Ummm you say it like if it's nothing. "I'm in a relationship but I think I would like a relationship with her" wtf? First off tell your girlfriend the truth, if you are no longer interested in her than tell her because it not fair to be thinking of another girl like that like it's the most casual thing when you are in a relationship. So do that first than go and do whatever you want. Have some respect at least, jeez

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 6, 2018
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.