LNAT advice Watch

Yoshi123456
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hi

I have just tried the online practice LNAT test with no preparation. I scored 21/42. Can anyone advise how many points I could potentially gain through practice.?I was hoping to apply for Oxbridge where I understand they look for around 29 min. I have until the summer to improve. Also any tips to improve or train?

TIA!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
alleycat393
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Yoshi123456)
Hi

I have just tried the online practice LNAT test with no preparation. I scored 21/42. Can anyone advise how many points I could potentially gain through practice.?I was hoping to apply for Oxbridge where I understand they look for around 29 min. I have until the summer to improve. Also any tips to improve or train?

TIA!
No one can predict this. Just practice using timed tests and of course prepare. There will be resources online and official ones.
Notoriety
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Well, no. Oxford might look for 29* but Cambridge does not use the LNAT, nor does LSE. You might consider applying for those if you fear performing poorly on the LNAT.

Practise, you should get better.

*Last year, the average Oxford offer holder had 28.25 on the LNAT. Seems that 29 is not the target. Remember, the average being X does not mean you have to get X. This figure will be pushed up by exceptional performances, in the 35+ range, so there will be people with lower than 28.
Last edited by Notoriety; 7 months ago
DCDCo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
The mark required to get in to each University changes each year, dependent on the average score of the people who take the test. For example this year the average sore was 1.1 marks lower than last year and therefore, the requirements are lower.

Please bear in mind though, the average is indeed that, average. There are many FOI's available online that show Oxford have rejected people who have scored over 35, therefore they must accept people who score under the average too. You are doing well by starting your practise early, keep at it, use a variety of resources and you'll improve no doubt.

One thing I will say (having done the LNAT this year myself and having used a variety of resources), there is a huge variation in difficulty in online resources. Do not be shocked if you are scoring over 30 in Mark Shepherds test (in his very popular book) and then find the actual test much harder. I think this happened this year and more than likely happens every year. I used Arbitio and it was extremely tough. I was only scoring 18/19 on those tests but scored 26 this year in the LNAT. The official tests, I was scoring over 30. Just a heads up!
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia (UEA)
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Oct '18
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (519)
91.53%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (48)
8.47%

Watched Threads