Turn on thread page Beta

Would you ever go out with a vegan watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rejnekjr)
    So would you respect a rapist decision to rape just as long as that rapist respect your decision not to rape?
    That’s... an awful comparison. There is literally no validity in that at all.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I just took exaclty what you said. You said 'I respect your decision as long as you respect mine'. And I gave an example of a person (who has done something you probably consider immoral) respecting your decision abd you couldn't tell me whether in return you would respect their decision just like you said you would.

You absolute mongrel.
    (Original post by ineedtorevise127)
    And for vegans would you consider a meat eater as a future partner
    Yes, I dont care, I respect your decision (to be Vegan) if you would respect mine (To eat meat).

Must be a troll. But, look here I can teach you some English! Right, Okay, in brackets are going to be the words that should be there if people who can't understand English be. Who's the mongrel now? Feel free to PM me and get my number, I do offer free English lessons.

ReputationRep:
    Well people that eat animals are self-entitled.
    Do you know what self entitled means? It’s the belief that you deserve to be given something for nothing in return. I’m not sure about you but I don’t see people leaving supermarkets with trollys full of free meat. Meat eaters do pay for the animals that they eat, and since they don’t see animals as worthy of the same treatment as humans, they are buying a product. They aren’t receiving free meat, they aren’t entitled to it unless they pay for it. That isn’t what I would consider being “self entitled”.

Just a tip, no one listens to the view point of someone who comes in “all guns blazing”, if you want people to respect what you’re saying then you have to respect them. If you really want to make a positive change in the world (like any vegan should) then it’s best to calmly provide people with information and answer questions. If you just want to hurl abuse at carnists, all you’re doing is fuelling their hatred for vegans and making the possibility of them one day saving animals further away. The only think it helps is your ego. Help animals instead!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FloralHybrid)
    That’s... an awful comparison. There is literally no validity in that at all.
    Exactly. THANK YOU. Must be a troll though.

ReputationRep:
    ok then let me ask would you respect someones decision to eat baby humans if they respected your decision not to eat baby humans?
    Whether you like it or not - Eating meat is a widely accepted thing. As someone who’s sister is a vegan, she’s entirely respectful in not yelling at other people or forcing her lifestyle choice down everyone’s throats.

It’s not something you can think is comparable to cannibalism, or sexual abuse.

ReputationRep:
    Go **** yourself you baby eating cu nt. I already have your mums number.
    Bless you. I must have pulled on your heart strings. Nice insult, you know really touched me. Now you know you lost the argument when you can't put anything constructive. Why do you troll? Must have such a sad life, how boring, guess I have a life and it shouldn't matter to me if you don't, but, still kinda sad. While you have my mums number, I bet your mum is reaaally proud that you go on a Student forum to try and 'troll' so embarrassing, honestly, Get a life, so much to see and do rather than try and annoy people and get upset yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainabridget)
    I don’t think I could date a non-vegan; not because I hate them or anything, but because my reasons for going vegan are such HUGE parts of my personality that I care about. If I sat down and told someone all the reasons I’m vegan (only if they asked btw) and they didn’t care to change, it’d break my heart and I just couldn’t be with them. I’m a logical person and an environmentalist, and I want to be with someone who has the same core values pls don’t attack me 4 this 😩😂 can still be friends with them tho
    So, a meat eater is not logical?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FloralHybrid)
    Whether you like it or not - Eating meat is a widely accepted thing. As someone who’s sister is a vegan, she’s entirely respectful in not yelling at other people or forcing her lifestyle choice down everyone’s throats.

It’s not something you can think is comparable to cannibalism, or sexual abuse.
    All I have to say is it’s like if someone’s pro-life because they believe life begins at contraception , thus seeing abortion as murder vs others who see them as a clump of cells. Except here, some vegans see animals on the same level as us humans, which is how we can see eating them as.. barbaric. We don’t see meat we see a dead animals, uno? Not pushing beliefs down your throat but I can just see a difference in opinion here! That’s why some vegans compare the meat and dairy industry to things like that😊

ReputationRep:
    All I have to say is it’s like if someone’s pro-life because they believe life begins at contraception , thus seeing abortion as murder vs others who see them as a clump of cells. Except here, some vegans see animals on the same level as us humans, which is how we can see eating them as.. barbaric. We don’t see meat we see a dead animals, uno? Not pushing beliefs down your throat but I can just see a difference in opinion here! That’s why some vegans compare the meat and dairy industry to things like that😊
    Ahh, see that’s totally understandable. The belief in opinions is totally valid - And the forcing opinions down people’s throats isn’t a useful approach, generally people don’t like to be told their life choices are wrong.

I still wouldn’t put them on the same level - But understand why someone else, respectfully, would do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jdddd)
    So, a meat eater is not logical?
    As a logical person I try to understand both sides of an argument, and listen to logic over feelings (in this case, the feelings being a love of meat/ dairy). Veganism is better for the environment, can be for your health (if done right) and for the animals. It makes a bigger impact than not driving a car to work and turning lights off when you leave a room. Not saying meat-eaters aren’t logical though! It’s just personally my logic lead me to being vegan not trying to be pushy aha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baza2002)
    (I'm not joking with this...) last Saturday evening I decided to become vegetarian... so I had the vegetable burger and some fries from McDonald's. So it was a nice start. But then the next morning I was back to eating meat. I'm quite a fussy/picky eater but want to try a week being vegetarian and see how it is. But nearly every meal I have has meat in. Could you recommend any vegetarian foods that aren't chips or onion rings or have any type of vegetables, fruit or cheese?
    It takes a lot of people a few tries to actually get into it tbh, a lot of the reason is just not knowing what to eat! Instead of looking at changing your diet completely, look the non vegan ingredients in what you are eating and think about what would happen if you took them out. So instead of having lamb in a curry, have a vegetable curry! Instead of having yogurt for breakfast, have alpro soya yogurt (which tastes the same).

Another tip is to make a meal plan for a few days. Have a look online for recipes that sound nice and plan breakfast, lunch, and dinner for three days. That way it isn’t a last minute panic of not knowing what to eat and you try out different things. It takes a lot of trial and error to find what you like but after the first month of so it’s second nature. And it’s totally okay to slip up, it doesn’t mean you’ve failed, you don’t really have to be 100% vegan or 100% carnist. Find a balance that works for you and work on reducing bit by bit until you know what you like!

ReputationRep:
    What if someone ate humans? or dogs?
    Dogs are a large and accepted part of Asian cuisine. Humans are not part of any cuisine because they are not food. Cannibalism may be an eating habit, but it is also a crime and a hugely unfair comparison. To not date someone based on that merit would be much more justifiable.

God, I'll argue about anything.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not trolling. Just pointing out how inconsistent you are in your arguments. Now go do one.
    How am I inconsistent? You literally took my comment and found offence and interpreted to suit you to try and come up with an 'argument', now you know I have valid points and better educated than you, you can't come up with anything constructive. Nice.

ReputationRep:
    She's got to be a vegetarian.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    So vegans should be pro-life then, if you see animals as the same level as humans to be logically consistent, surely?

ReputationRep:
    As a logical person I try to understand both sides of an argument, and listen to logic over feelings (in this case, the feelings being a love of meat/ dairy). Veganism is better for the environment, can be for your health (if done right) and for the animals. It makes a bigger impact than not driving a car to work and turning lights off when you leave a room. Not saying meat-eaters aren’t logical though! It’s just personally my logic lead me to being vegan not trying to be pushy aha
    Why can't both sides respect each other? Humans have been eating meat since we were created. Its not just about murder and killing animals. Meat diets tend to be higher protein. If you want to eat another non meat diet its fine, I respect that and would myself if I had a vegan partner. Is it better for the environment though? Cows methane gas is damaging to the earth. If there numbers weren't controlled it would damage the environment. But, im not looking for an argument just a normal debate as 99.9% have lost touch of when growing up.

ReputationRep:
    What a load of bs. People eat animals through a combination of the way they were brought up and not caring about the life of some animals. And they will continue to that for as long as their lack of empathy for some animals remains. It has nothing to do with me being 'all guns blazing'
    You aren’t making any positive influence in the world with your current approach. That’s very evident in the responses you’re getting. I’ve made more difference by treating people with respect and talking about veganism calmly I ever could as an angry vegan stereotype.

All you’re doing is looking for a reaction by insulting people, not educating them or having a normal conversation. Their “lack of empathy” doesn’t change from you calling them rapists or self entitled or anything like that, it closes the door to rationality.

ReputationRep:
    You tried to act all big headed by saying you are respectful of everyones decisions. Then when you were challenged on it you back trackted.

You are just another typical moron in this pathetic world.
    I'am respectful of Vegans decisions am I not allowed to be? WOW so big headed there. Get a grip you sad low life, I never back tracked. I provided evidence. That you still can't argue, you must feel so failed haha. 'trackted' As I've said I offer free English lessons, if you're big enough to PM me.

Is that your argument? Constructive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack22031994)
    So vegans should be pro-life then, if you see animals as the same level as humans to be logically consistent, surely?
    Most vegans are pro-life to my knowledge, now abortion is a whole other debate but I am actually pro-choice. Until a baby can live outside it’s mother and can feel pain (which animals can) it isn’t really a living being (imo). It can’t think and have emotions like animals and humans can- but again I am an anomaly I believe. But I respect others opinions n each to their own personally don’t wanna open another can of worms here though aha

ReputationRep:
    As a vegetarian i would go out with both, however it would depend how much it bothered me tbh

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.