The Student Room Group

A "friend" taunting me / harassing me about my ex

So I have a "friend". He shall remain unnamed obviously for the purpose of this anonymity. Basically, I broke up with my ex a while ago (like more than 6 months ago) and don't speak to her at all now as she has her own group of friends and has moved on etc etc etc. But so have I. The issue is is that my "friend" keeps saying really weird things about my girlfriend both sexually and normally in taunting and provocative ways. I'm beginning to wonder if this is harassment. I'm beginning to think this because it has gotten to the point that pretty much every time I engage in conversation with said "friend" he mentions something about her either sexually or normally in taunting and provocative ways as I previously mentioned. He says it's "just a meme" and he says its "funny because I'm salty about my ex" and he even continues to message me things like I've previously mentioned randomly. I've already expressed my disgust and how weird I think it all is a long time ago and I have told him to stop and just quit it countless times and I continue to do so but then he says"its just a joke" and continues. I've already blocked him on social media as I'm really fed up of these messages because they're just not needed and to be quite frank they're really immature. I can't just avoid this person because I interact with them on a daily basis through college. Help, what can I do about my issue?
He's not your friend. He's someone that knows you well that keeps acting like your enemy. Like your nemesis.

Pragmatic solution is to laugh every time he makes one of his annoying tasteless jokes. Or just tell him in a calm, assertive manner to stop acting like a merchant banker whenever he goes too far.

And go ahead and get yourself another girlfriend to shut him up / make him more jealous.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending