Turn on thread page Beta

I have been declined by the royal navy because of asthma, what do i do??? watch

ReputationRep:
    I really don't wan't to go the sixth form or college and there are no apprenticeships nearby that i can do and all I wanted to do was join the royal navy but because of stupid asthma (which isn't even that bad) I now cannot do what was best.
    any help

ReputationRep:
    What role was you going to apply for in the Royal Navy maybe do something similar? Normally it's for your own good and there isn't much point trying to join other armed forces because they will probably reject you. Can't you join the sea cadets?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I'm already in sea cadets and I'm finishing secondary school and i want to join the navy but i think that if i get the doctor to remove the inhalers i can join the RAF

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if you should remove the inhalers. Try the army because I've heard that they do accept people who have asthma. Just be careful full if you are going to remove the inhalers because you don't want to be having an asthma attack whilst on duty or anything. Read up on it first. I know someone who tried to join the RAF and they said that he couldn't do it because of is asthma. just think of what could triggers your asthma and make it a lot worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDevil)
    I don't know if you should remove the inhalers. Try the army because I've heard that they do accept people who have asthma. Just be careful full if you are going to remove the inhalers because you don't want to be having an asthma attack whilst on duty or anything. Read up on it first. I know someone who tried to join the RAF and they said that he couldn't do it because of is asthma. just think of what could triggers your asthma and make it a lot worse.
    i
    t had an asthma attack for years and years

ReputationRep:
    i haven't had an asthma attack for years and years

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure you can't just stop taking your medication and remove an asthma diagnosis. You'll still have the diagnosis on your record if you don't take medication.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by willeyeam2002)
    I really don't wan't to go the sixth form or college and there are no apprenticeships nearby that i can do and all I wanted to do was join the royal navy but because of stupid asthma (which isn't even that bad) I now cannot do what was best.
    any help
    Moved to Armed Forces

ReputationRep:
    yeah what I'm saying is that I've never had an asthma attack and I'm fine and it may just have been a viral infection

ReputationRep:
    yeah what I'm saying is that I've never had an asthma attack and I'm fine and it may just have been a viral infection
    If you haven't had any asthmatic symptoms for a few years go see you GP to have that written on your medical history.

ReputationRep:
    I will book an appointment and get stuff changed.
    do you thing I could make a medical appeal

ReputationRep:
    I will book an appointment and get stuff changed.
    do you thing I could make a medical appeal
    If you can prove that the asthma diagnosis was incorrect, you have a chance.

If you can't get a doctor to agree that, then no.

ReputationRep:
    I reckon it was a chest infection as it was a while ago amd I haven't used the inhalers

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.