Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Insta Story? watch

Announcements

When you've watched everybody's Instagram story on your account how does Instagram order them? This isn't about people watching my story but my feed having watched theirs - I hope this makes sense it's far harder to explain
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Ehm...why is this so important? To answer it though, idk.
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    The stories ones are ordered in relation to by how often you like their posts, view their profile or comment. Basically interaction with them in anyway will promote it more. The same goes for order of posts until they revert back to chronological. If you freshly follow someone it will override this and give them temporary high priority and come up first in timeline and stories at the top.After closing the app and opening it should revert back to "your personal priority".

(Original post by The Night King)
    Ehm...why is this so important? To answer it though, idk.
    It's not vital to my life but it's been annoying me for a while and google did not help

(Original post by 8472)
    The stories ones are ordered in relation to by how often you like their posts, view their profile or comment. Basically interaction with them in anyway will promote it more. The same goes for order of posts until they revert back to chronological. If you freshly follow someone it will override this and give them temporary high priority and come up first in timeline and stories at the top.After closing the app and opening it should revert back to "your personal priority".
    Fab thanks!
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Fab thanks!
    No worries. If you need any other help let me know.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.