Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I want to go into vocational dance training, ideally in ballet/contemporary dance. I live in the north of England and would not consider moving to London due to cost. Does anyone have any reccommendations for good colleges? I am leaning away from normal universities slightly because I am looking for a more practical based dance course but any suggestions for any unis would be very helpful.

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently at vocational school at The Hammond, in Chester, and they have a very strong Dance course. Other courses for pure dance to consider include Northern Ballet (Manchester), Northern School of Contemporary Dance (Leeds), Royal Conservatoire of Scotland (Glasgow), Ballet West (Taynuilt), Elmhurst (Birmingham) and KS Dance (Warrington). Note that all of these schools are extremely competitive to gain admission to, and funding is limited and only available for some. There are more options at 18 than 16, but some dance degrees, such as the ones at RCS, Ballet West and and NSCD, accept degree students from 16 onwards. Note that nor all courses are degree courses, but all courses mentioned here are Level 6 on the qualifications framework, as the ones that are not degree courses are Level 6 diplomas, which will take up to any age. I am providing this information as a 16 year old going into musical theatre, and am listing places my dance-focused classmates are going/have got in to. As said before, standards are very high, and they all have very limited places. More information about vocational courses can be found on the CDET website, who accredit these courses.Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    SLP college !!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 30, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.