elliewellie97
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I want to go into vocational dance training, ideally in ballet/contemporary dance. I live in the north of England and would not consider moving to London due to cost. Does anyone have any reccommendations for good colleges? I am leaning away from normal universities slightly because I am looking for a more practical based dance course but any suggestions for any unis would be very helpful.
TapAwayTrouble
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm currently at vocational school at The Hammond, in Chester, and they have a very strong Dance course. Other courses for pure dance to consider include Northern Ballet (Manchester), Northern School of Contemporary Dance (Leeds), Royal Conservatoire of Scotland (Glasgow), Ballet West (Taynuilt), Elmhurst (Birmingham) and KS Dance (Warrington). Note that all of these schools are extremely competitive to gain admission to, and funding is limited and only available for some. There are more options at 18 than 16, but some dance degrees, such as the ones at RCS, Ballet West and and NSCD, accept degree students from 16 onwards. Note that nor all courses are degree courses, but all courses mentioned here are Level 6 on the qualifications framework, as the ones that are not degree courses are Level 6 diplomas, which will take up to any age. I am providing this information as a 16 year old going into musical theatre, and am listing places my dance-focused classmates are going/have got in to. As said before, standards are very high, and they all have very limited places. More information about vocational courses can be found on the CDET website, who accredit these courses.Good luck!
username3673602
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
SLP college !!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (193)
14.32%
I'm not sure (60)
4.45%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (393)
29.15%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.74%
I'm not a current university student (665)
49.33%

Watched Threads