Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I am 15 years old and I have recently received my national insurance number. I am still in education but in my final year and am looking for a job. I have tried looking online but got no hope is there anything else I can try or do??

When you're under 16 the best chance you have at finding a job is by asking in person or being referred through a friend or family member. Most big companies aren't set up in a way that encourages under 16s to apply so your best bet is to ask local businesses, when I was in high school a lot of my friends worked at chip shops or green grocers and things like that. If you don't have any experience it can be hard to get your foot in the door so it might be worth volunteering for a bit, charity shops are a good way to get retail experience and they're always looking for people to help out.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Try rate my apprenticeship
    Wait till your 16 and apply because most pay well and are good opportunities
How are you feeling about your exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.