Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Want to talk to more boys watch

Announcements

I'm in secondary school and not really friends with any boys. I sit by them in class but they already have the female friends they want but I really want to become better friends with them or even go out with one (that might sound weird) . Any tips?

ReputationRep:
    Be lucky you’re in a mixed school. I go all girls it’s hell.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Theyre overrated

ReputationRep:
    Fix your studies first then think about it in sixthform --- but why dont you just talk to them, banter with them. I mean in class if you're next to one or same table, start small, talk about the teacher, stress,ask what's next lesson, just general topics,, then get to know them....

ReputationRep:
    Find a boy who shares one of your biggest interests and be careful of entering into a relationship..... can get way way to intense when your 16

ReputationRep:
    Hit me up I’m available

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Y11_Maths)
    Hit me up I’m available
    smooth

ReputationRep:
    Im single

(Original post by MozartEd)
    Fix your studies first then think about it in sixthform --- but why dont you just talk to them, banter with them. I mean in class if you're next to one or same table, start small, talk about the teacher, stress,ask what's next lesson, just general topics,, then get to know them....
    Wow this reply was the only helpful one lol. Thanks

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm in secondary school and not really friends with any boys. I sit by them in class but they already have the female friends they want but I really want to become better friends with them or even go out with one (that might sound weird) . Any tips?
    Just talk to them.

Also there's nothing weird about wanting to go out with a boy :lol: just don't take it too personally if none of them are interested. Teenage boys are asshats mostly.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be happy to get to know you, msg my snapchat "tikkaboi"

ReputationRep:
    Just talk to a guy, odds are they'll be ecstatic that a girl spoke to them

You said you sit by some boys? Just talk to them in lessons, ask them questions and generally "banter" with them and go from there

(Original post by TrelaiBoy)
    Just talk to a guy, odds are they'll be ecstatic that a girl spoke to them

You said you sit by some boys? Just talk to them in lessons, ask them questions and generally "banter" with them and go from there
    Ugh I’m cringey with banter, what sort of thing do you mean?

ReputationRep:
    that's cool. someone out there will probably love that.

I used to be like you, except I think I was far more socially inept so it was awkward, to say the least, when looking back (but I'm still friends with them so it must have not been that bad). I started, when I had a dawning realisation that I did not want to end up lonely so, out of desperation, I decided to try and talk to girls . hahasdhaksjdhassajhdfja.

All I can advise you to do is to talk to them like you would with your girl friends and try not to overthink it. Nowadays, I like to think everyone is my best friend unless proven otherwise - that has worked really well for me so far.

ReputationRep:
    It kind of depends what you mean by cringey, just don't force it. Start a conversation and go from there

I used to be the exact same but with girls, just talk, we're really not that different

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 7, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.