The Student Room Group

Want to talk to more boys

I'm in secondary school and not really friends with any boys. I sit by them in class but they already have the female friends they want but I really want to become better friends with them or even go out with one (that might sound weird) . Any tips?
Be lucky you’re in a mixed school. I go all girls it’s hell.
Theyre overrated
Fix your studies first then think about it in sixthform :h: --- but why dont you just talk to them, banter with them. I mean in class if you're next to one or same table, start small, talk about the teacher, stress,ask what's next lesson, just general topics,, then get to know them....
Find a boy who shares one of your biggest interests and be careful of entering into a relationship..... can get way way to intense when your 16
Hit me up I’m available
Original post by Y11_Maths
Hit me up I’m available

smooth
Im single
Reply 8
Original post by MozartEd
Fix your studies first then think about it in sixthform :h: --- but why dont you just talk to them, banter with them. I mean in class if you're next to one or same table, start small, talk about the teacher, stress,ask what's next lesson, just general topics,, then get to know them....

Wow this reply was the only helpful one lol. Thanks
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
I'm in secondary school and not really friends with any boys. I sit by them in class but they already have the female friends they want but I really want to become better friends with them or even go out with one (that might sound weird) . Any tips?
Just talk to them.

Also there's nothing weird about wanting to go out with a boy :lol: just don't take it too personally if none of them are interested. Teenage boys are asshats mostly.
I'd be happy to get to know you, msg my snapchat "tikkaboi"
Just talk to a guy, odds are they'll be ecstatic that a girl spoke to them

You said you sit by some boys? Just talk to them in lessons, ask them questions and generally "banter" with them and go from there
Original post by TrelaiBoy
Just talk to a guy, odds are they'll be ecstatic that a girl spoke to them

You said you sit by some boys? Just talk to them in lessons, ask them questions and generally "banter" with them and go from there

Ugh I’m cringey with banter, what sort of thing do you mean?

that's cool. someone out there will probably love that.

I used to be like you, except I think I was far more socially inept so it was awkward, to say the least, when looking back (but I'm still friends with them so it must have not been that bad). I started, when I had a dawning realisation that I did not want to end up lonely so, out of desperation, I decided to try and talk to girls . hahasdhaksjdhassajhdfja.

All I can advise you to do is to talk to them like you would with your girl friends and try not to overthink it. Nowadays, I like to think everyone is my best friend unless proven otherwise - that has worked really well for me so far.
(edited 6 years ago)

It kind of depends what you mean by cringey, just don't force it. Start a conversation and go from there

I used to be the exact same but with girls, just talk, we're really not that different

Quick Reply

Latest