Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! So coming from a music degree, I have offers for an MSc Management at 6 universities including Warwick, UCL, Durham, Edinburgh, Bath and Glasgow. I’ve been rejected by LSE and have been put on waiting list by Imperial College. Even though my target was Imperial College, I’ve been lucky enough to receive an offer with a £7000 scholarship from Warwick and also an offer from UCL which were my second and third choices. However, I’m really confused and can’t decide to which one I wanna go. I’ve already paid a deposit to Warwick and have to pay another one to UCL to keep my position by April 1st. I understand that they’re both quite different universities. London is much more expensive, but has definitely much more to do than Coventry or Leamington Spa in which I would stay if I go to Warwick. On one hand, I really wanted to experience the campus way of life as I come from a non-campus uni. On the other hand, I feel like it might be too much being confined in a tiny area and small cities all the time and London sounds really tempting despite the extremely high cost of living. I understand that Warwick is no. 3 for Management and no.1 sought after by employers, but UCL has a long standing name despite the fact that the School of Management there only opened up two years ago. I wouldn’t wanna go there just to satisfy myself and feel like I’ve done well by studying there because of its reputation. Warwick sounds more solid as a choice but its remote location and other things make me feel like I might struggle socially there. I’ve had a really rough three years during my undergraduate degree regarding my social life and I really don’t want to put myself through the same misery again! And by the way, I’m an EU student planning on residing and working in the UK after my postgraduate degree! Overall, you can see that I’m very indecisive and confused so any sort of help or opinion would be highly appreciated! Many thanks!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 6, 2018

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.