Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, just wondered if anyone else hasn’t heard anything from Edinburgh? No news is good news or bad news?!!! Cheers x
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Alison Downie)
    Hi everyone, just wondered if anyone else hasn’t heard anything from Edinburgh? No news is good news or bad news?!!! Cheers x
    No news probably means they are waiting to see who turns them down from offers they have already made, and what late applications are submitted. So it's good news in that they think you are maybe good enough to offer a place- but bad news in that you're not their favourite ever candidate.

As more people finish their interviews and turn down potentially 2 places- more spaces will become free, so hopefully you will get the response you want.

In England, the providers have 40 days to make a decision. Is it similar in Scotland?

Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarcAndSpark)
    No news probably means they are waiting to see who turns them down from offers they have already made, and what late applications are submitted. So it's good news in that they think you are maybe good enough to offer a place- but bad news in that you're not their favourite ever candidate.

As more people finish their interviews and turn down potentially 2 places- more spaces will become free, so hopefully you will get the response you want.

In England, the providers have 40 days to make a decision. Is it similar in Scotland?

Good Luck!
    Thanks for the reply. I didn’t even get an interview though, so def bad news for me! X
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Thanks for the reply. I didn’t even get an interview though, so def bad news for me! X
    Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that. Did you apply to anywhere else, or can you make an application through apply 2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarcAndSpark)
    Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that. Did you apply to anywhere else, or can you make an application through apply 2?
    Didn't apply anywhere else-i live just outside Edinburgh. What's Apply 2 pls? X
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Didn't apply anywhere else-i live just outside Edinburgh. What's Apply 2 pls? X
    In England, apply 2 lets you apply for one choice at a time if your initial choices rejected you- a bit like UCAS Extra for teacher training. If you also have this in Scotland, you can see if there's anything else with spaces in your area.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.