What is the worst thing about Birmingham?

Watch this thread
vizor
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Okay, let's hear it, what don't you like about the university?
thyssen1207
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by vizor)
Okay, let's hear it, what don't you like about the university?
I think it's probably those people with over-inflated ego.

(But I suppose you get those sort of people in any big university.)

And some of the lectures are a bit disorganised.

Apart from those 2, Birmingham University is second to none!!
cc123
Rep:
Report 14 years ago
How are you finding the economics course so far?
Alexander T
Report 14 years ago
accomadation prices? while you cope i know you can get it a lot cheaper elsewhere, but otherwise i'm actually struggling to think of anything
p78edu
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 14 years ago
it's those self-righteous self-declared snobbish middle class kids.

Nah just joking, the city itself.
Ad-Alta
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
Library recalls!!!
Or 'last good date' on reserved books - what the hell does that even mean?!
thyssen1207
Rep:
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by p78edu)
it's those self-righteous self-declared snobbish middle class kids.

Nah just joking, the city itself.
Yeah, you get loads of those. And why do they have to end their sentences with a rising inflection? LOL. I get to encounter these people every bloody time, which I honestly think are total douchebags, and I always get the temptation to smack them!!

Birmingham has its drawbacks, like any big city in UK. You get your fair share of questionable people etc etc... But it has everything you have; food, shopping, social life. With the exception of London, I'd have Birmingham anytime over any other major city in UK.
Alexander T
Report 14 years ago
yeah we do have a fair few of the old raa's but that the same at any other uni, apparently bristol is full of them. The city itself i think is awesome - what more could you want? plus its got the lowest level of crime of any othermajor uk city (or something like that)
username97881
Rep:
Report 14 years ago
Worst thing I've experienced is phone and TV signal. Seriously. It's pretty much so great that that's all I can think of that's bothering me!
Sidney4257
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
The worst thing about BirMINGham is everyone born there. They think they are above everyone, and their accents are the most repulsive in the UK!
University of Birmingham
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Sidney4257)
The worst thing about BirMINGham is everyone born there. They think they are above everyone, and their accents are the most repulsive in the UK!
Ouch!
Personally I think a Brummie accent is endearing - Molly
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (8)
34.78%
Take a gap year (5)
21.74%
Resit my exams (6)
26.09%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (2)
8.7%
I don't know yet (1)
4.35%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
4.35%

Watched Threads