Turn on thread page Beta

I have known this guy for as long as I can remember., since I was like 5 years old (18 now) but we definitely haven’t been close friends all those years

Recently I found how he had developed a crush on me. I enjoy his company. He makes me laugh and i can be myself around him.

BUT I don’t feel intensely sexually attracted to him. There’s no butterflies when I talk to him and instead I feel comfort

I assume this is because I’ve known him so long. I LIKE him, but am not ATTRACTED to him. Would it be worth pursuing something?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Pursuing what? If you're already friends why would you want to add romance/intimacy of you're not attracted?

ReputationRep:
    When I was 16 I started dating my friend who I had known for 6 years before that. We were together for 3 years. I was attracted him, so I knew right away I wanted to be more than friends when he revealed he was interested in me as well so I can't relate too much to your take on the situation. Id say to talk to him about it, that you're unsure whether you want to keep your friendship as is or not and then maybe go out on a date one night and find out if that changes how you see him.

(Original post by Student-95)
    Pursuing what? If you're already friends why would you want to add romance/intimacy of you're not attracted?
    Pursue a romantic relationship

Its not that I completely don’t find him attractive. What I mean is, when I’m around him I feel comfort and happy instead of butterflies, which I’m assuming is because I’ve known him so long

ReputationRep:
    Stay friends cause honestly you dont want to start something and then realise without the attraction you cant be with him. You could lead him on and it could effect the friendship. Also maybe u havent considered him in a romantic way yet so try that and see where it takes you

I completely agree with outtagum20021, just stay friends, because if you don't have any romantic feelings than that's is pretty much that. You don't want to ruin a long term friendship to see if you will eventually have feelings for him

ReputationRep:
    I hope you're not the person that I know, because if you are, you fall for people who give you any attention whatsoever haha.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    It's best not to lead anyone on by entering a relationship with a person you don't find attractive.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 6, 2018
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.