Turn on thread page Beta

I just don't know what to do?? watch

ReputationRep:
    I am just really stuck, I have applied to university and they have accepted me with an offer. At the start of the year I originally wanted to go to uni then get a decent engineering job, but then I found out that because I didn't do A-Levels I can't go straight onto my course, I need a foundation year. This would make my degree 5 years long and possibly 6 with an industry placement. On the other hand there are apprenticeships, I have looked so many times and only managed to find some I actually like and have applied, but then the one degree apprenticeship I really wanted have just rejected me.

There is a apprenticeship that has been offered to me, after 2 years it will give me a Level 4 (Higher Apprenticeship), then after I will have a secure job and will travel to different countries to work, but I don't know if it's exactly what I want.

I'm just confused, I have many different options but none of them stand out as much as the others, what should I do next?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Hayden)
    x
    It can be very tricky. I'd suggest weighing up the positives and negatives and researching each option further.
    Which do you think you'd enjoy the most? Which one do you think will benefit you the most academically, or for being a more well rounded person?

ReputationRep:
    The apprenticeship seems like the obvious choice because I don't like the thought of having minimal pay anymore, I'm part time in retail and at college and Im still saving for a car. The apprenticeship had a lot of financial benefits because they're an expanding company looking to get a lot of employees. Where the original thing I wanted to do is an aerospace degree, and the apprenticeship is mechanical. I just don't know whether the degree will be worth it because I'd have to move away permanently for a job. Argh it's so difficult haha
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.