Turn on thread page Beta

How can I stop feeling this way and change my mindset? watch

ReputationRep:
    When you think lesser of yourself because a girl you have a huge crush on doesn't feel the same way what do you do to stop feeling like this?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    You just have to accept it and move on, keep busy, don't let yourself think about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    You just have to accept it and move on, keep busy, don't let yourself think about it.
    how can I keep myself busy, what if I think about her even when I'm doing other stuff?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    It doesn’t matter if she doesn’t like you back. It’s her loss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Susan Mitchel)
    It doesn’t matter if she doesn’t like you back. It’s her loss
    but it does to me tho and I can't get over that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryanthom100)
    but it does to me tho and I can't get over that
    Try telling yourself that it’smher loss. The more you believe the better you will feel. Put yourself first

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Susan Mitchel)
    Try telling yourself that it’smher loss. The more you believe the better you will feel. Put yourself first
    That's the issue, I don't believe in myself anymore and I don't know how to believe in myself again...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    how can I keep myself busy, what if I think about her even when I'm doing other stuff?
    You have to put in the effort to think of other things.

ReputationRep:
    you make like 10 of these threads
    New girl every week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puddhi eater 69)
    you make like 10 of these threads
    New girl every week
    no, it's been the same girl for 12 months lmao

ReputationRep:
    You have to put in the effort to think of other things.
    what should I think about?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    what should I think about?
    Literally anything else.

ReputationRep:
    Literally anything else.
    but she creeps into whatever I think about tho
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    but she creeps into whatever I think about tho
    Dude I can't help you if you won't help yourself. You're so insistent on being like "but I always think about her " "but I can't stop it". What do you expect me to say? You need to have self control and put in the effort to change your thoughts. I can't and no one else can do that. Help yourself first in order to be helped.

ReputationRep:
    Dude I can't help you if you won't help yourself. You're so insistent on being like "but I always think about her " "but I can't stop it". What do you expect me to say? You need to have self control and put in the effort to change your thoughts. I can't and no one else can do that. Help yourself first in order to be helped.
    hmm okay, but I try to change my thoughts but it doesn't work. I might just start to keep myself occupied before going to bed by reading or something
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    hmm okay, but I try to change my thoughts but it doesn't work. I might just start to keep myself occupied before going to bed by reading or something
    Cutting her out will be a good step, block her, delete the number or anything that will stop her from appearing in your life. Then you pursue your hobbies and over time you'll forget about her. Not every girl will like you, some will obviously but accepting that rejection is normal will help you get through moments where the girl doesn't like you back.

Pick yourself up and try to become a better person, however that may be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Cutting her out will be a good step, block her, delete the number or anything that will stop her from appearing in your life. Then you pursue your hobbies and over time you'll forget about her. Not every girl will like you, some will obviously but accepting that rejection is normal will help you get through moments where the girl doesn't like you back.

Pick yourself up and try to become a better person, however that may be.
    Hmm I don't know if I should block her as that may come across as rude and weird. I won't msg her to meet up anymore though, however, if she asks me that's a different story. Yeah ngl getting through this will help me in the future with rejection so much haha.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Hmm I don't know if I should block her as that may come across as rude and weird. I won't msg her to meet up anymore though, however, if she asks me that's a different story. Yeah ngl getting through this will help me in the future with rejection so much haha.
    You may struggle with doing both though. It's hard to stay friends with someone who rejected you, the feelings will take much longer to go away. If you don't want to block her, at least start distancing yourself from her until you move on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    You may struggle with doing both though. It's hard to stay friends with someone who rejected you, the feelings will take much longer to go away. If you don't want to block her, at least start distancing yourself from her until you move on.
    hmm yeah I get what u mean. I will start trying to distance myself tho instead for the time being till I'm ready to go further e.g. block her

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 7, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.