Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

My boyfriend kissed another girl and idk what to do :( watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend and I have been together for 2 years. Around 6 months ago I found out off one of his friends that he kissed another girl when drunk in town. I then confronted him and he was nothing but sorry, begging for me back; showing real remorse. He also admitted there was an occasion when another girl kissed him in a club and he pulled away and went outside. Both these occasions happened between September-December 2016.

During the 6 months of me knowing, we’ve been over and over what happened and he’s been nothing but sorry, never goes out in town without me and reassures me that he regrets what he did and wish he could take it all back. He also admitted to hanging round with the wrong crowd when he kissed the 2 girls, and he doesn’t associate with these people anymore.

The problem is, I’m finding it hard to deal with the fact that my boyfriend cheated on me once, and was kissed by a girl (not by choice). I feel like I should forgive him because I love him but I’m finding it incredibly difficult to get the picture of my boyfriend kissing another girl out of my head. Should I just forgive him and forget it all (baring in mind how sorry he is), or am I stupid to do so? Advice pls. Also pls no responses of ‘just break up with him’ as it’s not as simple as that. Thanks in advance.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

I was in a similar predicament a few weeks ago. My boyfriend was kissed by another girl when he was drunk but he doesn't recall it very well. I can understand how you feel and how you can't get the image out of your head or have thoughts running through your head. I'll tell you this, it's going to happen, but it should never happen more than once. I had a long talk with my bf and at the end I let it go. I just decided it was not worth thinking about and running circles in my head. And we're very happy right now. And from what I read on your post you have already talked about this countless of times with him and he has re assured you that it won't happen again. Now it is your turn to try and get that thought out of your head because if you don't you are going to ruin your relationship. Mistakes happen and a kiss is just a kiss at the end. Nothing special. If it were have been something more serious and when he was sober then I would be worried but this is just a bump and it happens. Let it go and enjoy your relationship.

I can kind of sympathise with you. My boyfriend cheated on me online and I found out a few months ago, and it's still really hard. But I've chosen to forgive him and try to move on, because even though he made me feel like sh*t, he's my soulmate and he's proving to me he's changing. Sure, I might be called naive and stupid for forgiving him, but so far after a few months we are making progress and it's getting better. I suggest talking to him - a long, serious talk where you get all your emotions out. That's what my boyfriend and I did. We went somewhere just the two of us, cried, I spilled out all my feelings, he did the same, and it instantly felt better. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    hahahaha wot a lad

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 6, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.