Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    OF course, I shan't pretend to consider it any matter for wonder, that the curse of the Dummy has excited discussion. It would have been a miracle had it not — especially in the very town of Maastricht. It is now rendered necessary that I give the facts — as far as I comprehend them myself. They are, succinctly, these:
    My attention, for the last three years, had been repeatedly drawn to the subject of the nightmarish case of the Jeker River.
    The thick currents... the way it talks to us in a murmur becoming ceaseless and myriad, impermanent and profoundly significant, as though beneath the surface something alive waked for a moment of lazy alertness out of light slumber again…
    ''Good-Evening brother!'' The merry man rose with hospitable haste and offered a seat. Although, the night was cold and wet, the small antiques shop-or rather hut- had a cosy interior. The blinds were drawn and the fire burned brightly.
    ''Good-Day, sir! I was wondering on investigating on artefacts that may be of one's interest'' The man fluttered with excitement- it may have been because he wasn't regularly visited; picking one item would be like picking one's dearest child! Him being occupied resulted in me examining the unique antiquity. Everything was screaming at me with colour, size and age-reminding me of the time I went to an orphanage and enduring the pain of all the mother-less children dying to be chosen.
    'Sir...this dummy!'' At first, I thought he was mocking me however his stern face told me otherwise.
    'I beg your pardon?' I noticed his eyes tearing and realised that this was a man of great determination, for whatever reason, and I had a feeling that I may have stumbled into a once-in-a-lifetime offer...
    'Hundreds of years ago, in this very town, lived a hard-working man by the name of Abel Listokef.He had everything he needed; apart from his dream girl. This girl went by the man Rosalina Stifnoecht and they attended the same school. After many years of trying to impress Rosalina, he finally had enough wealth that fit to Rosalina's likings. They married the same year and after some months of marriage, they gave birth to a son...'
    I noticed by this point that his deep, ocean-blue eyes flood with tears. I tried my hardest to condole with him, oblivious of what was so tragic. As if reading my mind, he answered saying,
    'Rosaline died giving birth and many nights later, Abel had a dream. He was drowning, with his family present. Full of guilt and reluctance of raising his son alone, he threw the newborn into the river and later went on to marry another woman. Rumour has it that local fisherman rescued the boy. Since that day anything that lives in the river dies. Fisherman moved out and crops started to die. Some say that when you look into the river you see a reflection of the boy himself. Clutching the dummy, I mentally noted to visit tomorrow...

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what you're writing for and what the question is about. In the real exam if you rip out the questions then the examiner won't know what you're answering.

Very disappointing, 0 marks, F-.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sufyaan65)
    I don't know what you're writing for and what the question is about. In the real exam if you rip out the questions then the examiner won't know what you're answering.

I am only in year 8 and i forgot to say that the aim of our essays are to write the intro of the whole story!!Sorry...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SannHash)
    I am only in year 8 and i forgot to say that the aim of our essays are to write the intro of the whole story!!Sorry...
    Too late, talk to the hand. That'll be £36.70 if you want a resit otherwise you're stuck with that F-.

Good luck getting a degree with an F-, kid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sufyaan65)

😂😂😂
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 12, 2018

University open days

• Staffordshire University
    Everything except: Midwifery, Operating Department Practice, Paramedic Undergraduate
    Sun, 21 Oct '18
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.