The Student Room Group

UCL Natural Science

Hi, so UCL have asked me to pick two subject streams and I'm a bit stuck as to what I should chose. I know I want to do physical chemistry for one but I can't decide if I should do Neuroscience and psychology or biomedical for the second? I do Maths, Chemistry and Psychology at A-level.

I think I would prefer the Neuroscience one but I would still enjoy biomed and I'm worried that the neuroscience would be too narrow in terms of job prospects and all?
Original post by Skyleradams88
Hi, so UCL have asked me to pick two subject streams and I'm a bit stuck as to what I should chose. I know I want to do physical chemistry for one but I can't decide if I should do Neuroscience and psychology or biomedical for the second? I do Maths, Chemistry and Psychology at A-level.

I think I would prefer the Neuroscience one but I would still enjoy biomed and I'm worried that the neuroscience would be too narrow in terms of job prospects and all?

If unsure go with biomed so you cab explore your interests.
Hi Skyler, Don't worry about picking your options before you arrive at UCL. In your first term, you'll do BIOC1001, which is the starter module for Neuro and Biomed, and CHEM1005 for chemistry. You'll also pick a third out of Maths and stats, Earth sciences and STS. You don't then narrow that down more until Christmas, so you'll have time to decide!
Original post by Aiyana297
Hi Skyler, Don't worry about picking your options before you arrive at UCL. In your first term, you'll do BIOC1001, which is the starter module for Neuro and Biomed, and CHEM1005 for chemistry. You'll also pick a third out of Maths and stats, Earth sciences and STS. You don't then narrow that down more until Christmas, so you'll have time to decide!

Is the UCL natural sciences course super hard?
I'm not a naturally smart person and I have to put a lot of effort in to do well.
I have an offer for UCL and Lancaster but I'm worried the UCL course will be too intense and all the kids will be a lot brighter than me so I wont do very well on it.
In comparison to a degree like medicine is it harder?
How are you examined?
Is it mainly just exam papers or is there also coursework?
Are you helped out very much, like during practicals or does everyone like keep their heads down and do things independently?

I'm worried about going onto the natural sciences course at UCL and finding it too hard to keep up with everyone else.
I don't want to be surrounded by like all these child geniuses.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending