Turn on thread page Beta

Conflicted about a girl I like watch

Announcements

There’s this girl in my school who I’ve liked from the end of year 9 to now (halfway through year11). We have always been quite close yet each time we get close I would ask her out and she would reject me (I’ve asked her out twice). I feel like I can’t move on and she would be the perfect girl for me, so I was wondering how I could get her to start liking me?

ReputationRep:
    You can’t necessarily get someone to like you back, usually it happens to be a miracle that someone you like actually likes you back. As a girl in the same year as you, I think it’s best to get close unless you are already, best friends more than likely end up dating. But I also think you should find out whether she wants to date, being in year 11 may be a stressful year with exam stress etc. She may just want to focus on that for now. But I recommend discreetly finding out whether she would be up for dating and then possibly find out what she’s into.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    There’s this girl in my school who I’ve liked from the end of year 9 to now (halfway through year11). We have always been quite close yet each time we get close I would ask her out and she would reject me (I’ve asked her out twice). I feel like I can’t move on and she would be the perfect girl for me, so I was wondering how I could get her to start liking me?
    Couldn’t relate more. But my situation was worse, way more complicated and I started liking her in year 7, she rejected me 3+ times but I wouldn’t let her go. Kept talking for years and got closer and closer then she told me she liked me again so I asked her out and she said yes. Later that day we broke up because she couldn’t handle it. I was heartbroken. Now I still like her and we are closer than we’ve ever been before but I refuse to ask her out because I want her to be the one to do it. I can’t let my feelings go for her no matter how much I try

If she doesn’t like you, she doesn’t like you. You can’t force her to. You have to get over it and that’s the only thing you can do

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 6, 2018
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.