Turn on thread page Beta

Help in knowing if someone likes me back? watch

Hi!

So, I've liked this person for a year now. It's been a rather growing thing and I don't plan to confess for a while due to exams, but I need some help in gauging whether they may like me back?

We're quite good friends, though we've been talking a lot more since the start of this year. We mostly talk everyday and we both take the same train on our way back home.

We approach each other pretty much equally- though recently they've been coming to me about pretty random stuff and making loads of jokes randomly and we also text each other here and there as well(not obsessively, of course), again that's something that's equal- I text first as much as they text first.

I've noticed when we're talking, they tend to make eye contact a lot. They also seem to step towards me a couple steps when they have to say something, and often they lean in towards where I'm standing when they're saying something to me when we're hanging out with our other friends. They also often also lean forward when I say something softly or as a whisper. They tend to also whisper a lot of random things to me when we're joking around- whether that would be around other friends or not.

Sometimes in class, we make quite brief yet frequent eye contact that's usually accompanied with a giggle or a smile. Whenever I seem to shout too loudly, I also see them turn around to see what it was, or giving me yet another smile.

They also sit next to me quite a bit, especially on the train, even when there's plenty of empty seats all over the place. This has been happening a little more frequently, as well.

They also seem to do gestures like patting my shoulder or back when I cough too much, or when one of my other classmates threw a snowball at my head, brushing off most of the snow when they clearly have the choice not to.

They also seem to laugh at most of my jokes- or a lot of the things I say or do.

I'm not sure whether this is just because they're a super nice person... or something like that. I haven't seen them acting like this towards anyone else, really.

Maybe I'm over thinking things, but I'm pretty oblivious.

Are these signs that they might like me back? Or am I being too hopeful and are they just being nice to me?

Sorry for the long post, thanks!

Okay, first off it kind of bugged me that you referred to the guy as 'they' and wrote it out that way when it's just one person lol
    But aside from that it sounds like he is very comfortable with you and he likes hanging out with you. That is normal if you guys are friends. There is a chance he does like you since he likes to be around you and you guys also message each other everyday. I would say you should ask him or hangout with him outside of school, like to the movies or somewhere else and see what happens. That will give you more insight into whether he likes you more than a friend or not. He could be shy and just not know how to tell you his feelings best of luck!

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Okay, first off it kind of bugged me that you referred to the guy as 'they' and wrote it out that way when it's just one person lol
    But aside from that it sounds like he is very comfortable with you and he likes hanging out with you. That is normal if you guys are friends. There is a chance he does like you since he likes to be around you and you guys also message each other everyday. I would say you should ask him or hangout with him outside of school, like to the movies or somewhere else and see what happens. That will give you more insight into whether he likes you more than a friend or not. He could be shy and just not know how to tell you his feelings best of luck!

Oops, sorry ! I just like making these things ambiguous, sorry if it bugged you a lot!

Thanks for the advice, I'll was going to ask him to hangout after exams finish in June...

Thanks again !

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 7, 2018
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.