Turn on thread page Beta

Working out grade I need for 2:1 watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I need someone to work out a percentage I need to finish with a 2:1 on a certain module.
    I can do maths but this is a bit hard, so thanks in advance.

On this module I received 49% for a reflection which was 40% of the module so I have 19.6% already.

Now here's the hard part, the remaining 60% is a group report but in that 60% my presentation was worth 10% in the 100% - so in summary the report is worth 90% of the 60 and the presentation is worth 10% of the 60 - I got 76 in the presentation so I added 76% of 10 to the 19.6% which was 24.16%

so what grade would I need in the report to finish with a 2:1 on this module?
    thanks.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    So your 60% report is divided into two parts, a presentation worth 10% of that 60% and the main report worth 90% of that 60%? In short, that means the presentation was worth 6% of your grade overall, so you've got 54% left in the main report.

If you've already got 24% then you need another 36% to reach the 60% boundary for a 2:1. You have 54% to work with overall, 36% is two thirds of that so you need around 66% in the report to get the minimum boundary for a 2:1. To be safe, aim to get around 70%, or a first in the report.

Obvious disclaimer, I assumed your uni has normal grade boundaries and didn't account for rounding or anything like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acsel)
    So your 60% report is divided into two parts, a presentation worth 10% of that 60% and the main report worth 90% of that 60%? In short, that means the presentation was worth 6% of your grade overall, so you've got 54% left in the main report.

If you've already got 24% then you need another 36% to reach the 60% boundary for a 2:1. You have 54% to work with overall, 36% is two thirds of that so you need around 66% in the report to get the minimum boundary for a 2:1. To be safe, aim to get around 70%, or a first in the report.
    Thanks a lot mate!

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.