The Student Room Group

Gcse aqa combined science set 2 specimen paper 2 physics and biology

Hi guys just wondering if any of you lot have sat the combined science set 2 paper 2 for either biology or physics. Just wanted to find out what topics r gonna come up. Thanks.
Reply 1
Hey have you done it
I've got answers
Reply 3
Original post by Here_comedatboi
I've got answers

can u send me them plz
Reply 4
I've got answers
can u send them to me too please
Reply 5
can u send them to me please
Original post by ksiyes
can u send them to me please

message me
Reply 7
I've got answers

can u send the topics pls
Reply 8
Biology Paper 2
Topic 5 - Homeostasis and Response
Topic 6 - Inheritance, Variation and Evolution
Topic 7 - Ecology

Physics Paper 2
Topic 5 - Forces
Topic 6 - Waves
Topic 7 - Magnetism and Electromagnetism
questions on biology paper 2 (mostly in order)
~the first question is: what is a fossil?
there are then questions on dinosaurs and you need to know stuff about the evolutionary tree
~there is a question on an armyworm and you need to know what kindom it is in. you need to fill out a table on that same question. On the left of the table, going down, the order is Kingdom Phylum Class Order Family Genus Species..
~there is a match up question about nerves where it gives you scenarios and you match up what the effector ,stimuli and coordination centre do.
~there is a 3 marker where you compare hormonal to non hormonal contraceptives
~there is a question where you have to say why the child is more likely to get ploydactlyly than cystic fibrosis, considering that the mother's have the generic disorder and the father doesn't (they give u can use a punnet square and explain it)
~there is a question where u plot a graph
~there is a 6 mark question on arctic animals (how are arctic animals adapted to survive in the cold?)
~there is a 5 marker on controlling blood glucose levels where u need to know how it is regulated when blood glucose levels get to high and when it gets too low.
~the last questions are on the Manchester tree project (they are planning to plant 3 million trees in the next 25 years)
there is a question where u need to find an estimate of a type of flowers in a field using a quadrat, u find the area of the field then divide it by the area of the quadrat (all ready given) and times it by the mean sample
last question is how does the tree project help reduce carbon dioxide and increase bio-diversity
Reply 10
Original post by IMAAN02
can u send the topics pls

can you send them to me as well please
could you tell me the topics/questions for the physics paper please?
there are then questions on dinosaurs and you need to know stuff about the evolutionary tree
~there is a question on an armyworm and you need to know what kindom it is in. you need to fill out a table on that same question. On the left of the table, going down, the order is Kingdom Phylum Class Order Family Genus Species..
~there is a match up question about nerves where it gives you scenarios and you match up what the effector ,stimuli and coordination centre do.
~there is a question where you have to say why the child is more likely to get ploydactlyly than cystic fibrosis, considering that the mother's have the generic disorder and the father doesn't (they give u can use a punnet square and explain it)
~there is a 6 mark question on arctic animals (how are arctic animals adapted to survive in the cold?)
~there is a 5 marker on controlling blood glucose levels where u need to know how it is regulated when blood glucose levels get to high and when it gets too low.
~the last questions are on the Manchester tree project (they are planning to plant 3 million trees in the next 25 years)
there is a question where u need to find an estimate of a type of flowers in a field using a quadrat, u find the area of the field then divide it by the area of the quadrat (all ready given) and times it by the mean sample
last question is how does the tree project help reduce carbon dioxide and increase bio-diversity

I just did that yesterday as a practice mock but I think I did rubbish
Original post by MidgetJ120602
I just did that yesterday as a practice mock but I think I did rubbish

I got a grade 9 in that paper. I was surprised as I barely revised, only 1 hour the night before
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 14
the physics paper was really hard, no one in my class (top set) got above 25 marks out of 70
Hi thanks for this but just wondering is this for the aqa foundation 2018 gcse paper ?

Hi, thanks for this
Was just wondering whether this was for the aqa foundation gcse 2018 paper ?
Reply 17
yow, u got answers for physics papern2 combined aqa ? if u have send em my way

Quick Reply