The Student Room Group

Relationship/ Depression/ Moving out

So me and my boyfriend have been going out now for almost 3 years. I am 18 and he is 21. However 2 days after Valentine’s Day he cheated on me with another girl. This girl also works with him. They was both drunk at the time but that is no excuse. When the situation happened my boyfriend rang me up straight away and knew he messed up. He was crying on the phone and telling me what happened. But the lass denied everything.I decided I would give him one last chance but if her does it again then I am leaving. However recently I got diagnosed with depression and it is very hard to get away from. I stayed at my boyfriends house for a week and honestly I have never been happier. His mum suffers from depression too so it was nice to talk to someone who understands my situation. However my boyfriend kept buying me chocolate and flowers and he was always their for me when I was having a moment. But now I’ve come back home and my depression is kicking in much more worse. I cry almost everyday. I hate it at home and just want to live with my boyfriends parents but I’m worried my parents won’t understand me. I just don’t know what to do 😩
I went through something similar, expect me and my boyfriend broke up and I was depressed during our relationship. If your family really care they will understand, it took my mum sometime to understand that I wasn't just sad, that I was depressed. We had our own place and it was far away from my family so I couldn't visit, and he was out most of the time so I got extremely lonely, especially after we moved back because we couldn't afford it and I had to move to my dads because my mum had no space (my dad works nights so again, alone a lot) I found it extremely difficult when we first broke up but after my mum and family understood they were my back bone. If your family aren't supportive it sounds like your boyfriend is, and his mother. Talk to them about it?? Spending time alone doesn't need to be bad either, I found my passion for writing whilst alone a lot. Now I have my own blog and I love it. Hope this helps you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending