Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm a 24-year old straight male, struggling with Asperger's. I have never had any romantic relationships before. I haven't even kissed a girl. I will begin my masters this fall.

Is there any hope that I can get together with a girl of my age?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Yes.

(Original post by soso112)
    Is there any hope that I can get together with a girl of my age?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Yes there is hope.

Be proud that you're doing a masters! That is a fantastic achievement in itself. I'm sure you are a great guy with many amazing qualities. Let this be your confidence.

Try online dating, speed dating, joining clubs out of interest, meeting women through hobbies, through your network, through education, through online meet ups and approaching women.

Good luck

I've just had the best idea ever, a dating website for people with disabilities

ReputationRep:
    probably not
    Best to develop alternative interests and keep your mind busy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah00)
    probably not
    Best to develop alternative interests and keep your mind busy
    Are you sure?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Analyst89)
    Yes there is hope.

Be proud that you're doing a masters! That is a fantastic achievement in itself. I'm sure you are a great guy with many amazing qualities. Let this be your confidence.

Try online dating, speed dating, joining clubs out of interest, meeting women through hobbies, through your network, through education, through online meet ups and approaching women.

Good luck
    Thanks!

Do you think I have a chance with prettier, non-Aspie girls too?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Got my first relationship at 23 so it's possible. It's really down to you putting yourself out there such as joining clubs, attending meetups and signing up for dating websites.

Yes you do. Honestly most people find their future partner well into their 26 to 28 and even past 30! Don't listen to what other people say, you are only 24, you're still so young and you may just come across someone when you study your masters (btw congrats on that), you just gotta put yourself out there and be more open and social, but yeah you are good, be patient and the right person will cross your path and you'll be happy you waited for it to happen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Got my first relationship at 23 so it's possible. It's really down to you putting yourself out there such as joining clubs, attending meetups and signing up for dating websites.
    Thanks! I've started to do all of these, but just recently, as this whole thing began to worry me seriously only about six months ago. I haven't been very successful with it so far. Do you think this can change?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Thanks! I've started to do all of these, but just recently, as this whole thing began to worry me seriously only about six months ago. I haven't been very sucessful with it so far. Do you think this can change?
    Of course it can. You haven't really missed much, at your age more people are starting to find long-term relationships so you're in a good position.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Thanks!

Do you think I have a chance with prettier, non-Aspie girls too?
    Yes.

Just follow the advice in my post and build your confidence by talking to women consistently, going to the gym, doing things that make you happy, being proud of yourself and achieving.

Know that you deserve someone you like because you are a good person and you deserve to be happy.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Analyst89)
    Yes.

Just follow the advice in my post and build your confidence by talking to women consistently, going to the gym, doing things that make you happy, being proud of yourself and achieving.

Know that you deserve someone you like because you are a good person and you deserve to be happy.

Good luck
    Thank you! This really means a lot!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 7, 2018
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.