Turn on thread page Beta

Predicted grade boundaries for gcse edexcel 9-1 French watch

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone give some estimated grade boundaries for the new 9-1 edexcel French? I think in total all 4 papers are out of 230 marks.

ReputationRep:
    No idea, not sure if they'll be particularly low this year due to the new spec or not. I've looked at the old spec boundaries from the past few years and they seem relatively alright, but that's without controlled assessments etc. Basically I'm just hoping the boundary for a 9 isn't too high good luck in the exams

ReputationRep:
    Hope its like 180 for a 9 like with the maths exam last year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boss_Rhythm)
    Hope its like 180 for a 9 like with the maths exam last year
    yeah, I just want a 7 So would it be around 60%? For maths last year it was like 54% weren't it?

ReputationRep:
    So what do you think roughly, looking at the latest exams an A was 74% of the total marks so how much lower could it go because none of it is coursework now and its gone way harder.

(Original post by riannon2001)
    No idea, not sure if they'll be particularly low this year due to the new spec or not. I've looked at the old spec boundaries from the past few years and they seem relatively alright, but that's without controlled assessments etc. Basically I'm just hoping the boundary for a 9 isn't too high good luck in the exams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SincPsyco)
    So what do you think roughly, looking at the latest exams an A was 74% of the total marks so how much lower could it go because none of it is coursework now and its gone way harder.
    To be honest if everyone finds it hard then your grade will be fine, the boundaries will be low so it doesn't matter. Which recent exams were they? I got 90% in my last set of mocks (March) and my teacher marked harshly so that wasn't a 9 but I think it could be in the real thing. We'll just have to see

ReputationRep:
    The summer 2017 exams. I worked out that you needed 74% for an A. In my school grade boundaries are pretty f'ed, you need like 95% for a 9. But I'm certain it will never be like that. My French teacher is a native speaker and she said herself she wouldn't get a 9 with our school grade boundaries. Apparently, they're usually similar to then english grade boundaries. So for example last year you needed 88% for a 9 so it could be like that.

To be honest if everyone finds it hard then your grade will be fine, the boundaries will be low so it doesn't matter. Which recent exams were they? I got 90% in my last set of mocks (March) and my teacher marked harshly so that wasn't a 9 but I think it could be in the real thing. We'll just have to see

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SincPsyco)
    The summer 2017 exams. I worked out that you needed 74% for an A. In my school grade boundaries are pretty f'ed, you need like 95% for a 9. But I'm certain it will never be like that. My French teacher is a native speaker and she said herself she wouldn't get a 9 with our school grade boundaries. Apparently, they're usually similar to then english grade boundaries. So for example last year you needed 88% for a 9 so it could be like that.
    Ugh I know right, my teacher is a native speaker as well and she said she wouldn't have been able to get a 9 that time round. I really hope you're right and they're lower this year! Anyway good luck, I hope you get the grade you want

ReputationRep:
    Yep you too!

Ugh I know right, my teacher is a native speaker as well and she said she wouldn't have been able to get a 9 that time round. I really hope you're right and they're lower this year! Anyway good luck, I hope you get the grade you want

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 6, 2018

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Teesside University
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.