Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What do you do?????
    I am not good at history but am with RS!!!
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by HettiBetti)
    What do you do?????
    I am not good at history but am with RS!!!
    I would say it has more similarities to History. If you have an interest in politics then possibly.

the spec at a glance r you can download the more detailed spec to see if it interests you.
    http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/gover...ec-at-a-glance

ReputationRep:
    I currently take Edexcel Government and Politics at A-Level and to be honest I don't find it great.
    For Y12 I have been looking at the UK Government and Parliament with subjects such as - Political Parties, Electoral Systems, The Constitution, The Executive...
    It's a very dry, content heavy subject and a lot of our class have dropped out - It's not for everyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HSennett)
    I currently take Edexcel Government and Politics at A-Level and to be honest I don't find it great.
    For Y12 I have been looking at the UK Government and Parliament with subjects such as - Political Parties, Electoral Systems, The Constitution, The Executive...
    It's a very dry, content heavy subject and a lot of our class have dropped out - It's not for everyone.
    What do you actually do?? How many marks??? What independent learning do you have to do??? etc. I am not good at English..will I struggle??? I also know nothing about politics..but want to learn..Is that good????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HettiBetti)
    What do you actually do?? How many marks??? What independent learning do you have to do??? etc. I am not good at English..will I struggle??? I also know nothing about politics..but want to learn..Is that good????
    It's a lot of writing, it requires you to keep up-to-date with all the political events going on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HSennett)
    It's a lot of writing, it requires you to keep up-to-date with all the political events going on
    Girl...Nooooooo!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'd recommend it, but only if you're willing to put in the effort to learn. At the start of year 12 I knew nothing about politics except stuff like who the PM was haha, and I ended up getting almost full UMS on the AS paper, and I'm predicted an A* overall and now have a general better understanding of the current poltiical climate. You need to want to know about current affairs - if you have no interest it's probably not for you, but if you're willing to learn and willing to keep up to date with polticial events on a daily basis then I'd say go for it.

You say you're not very good at English/History - to be honest this might be a barrier as it is a demanding essay subject and the exams are quite short (they are 1hr 30 for me - three 15 markers and one 45 marker, but this might be different with the new spec), and so you need to know the course inside and out to be able to confidently write a top level answer.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.