Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was at Falmouth University 2004 and 2005 and completed my first year of Contemporary Crafts. I had to re-take the first year so received SFE support for 2 years. I withdrew from the course for personal reasons but I am now in a position to complete my degree. I would like to apply to Sunderland University and will enquire about credit transfer - I would like to know how many years of financial support I would be elibgible for.

Rosie Power
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Rosie Power)
    I was at Falmouth University 2004 and 2005 and completed my first year of Contemporary Crafts. I had to re-take the first year so received SFE support for 2 years. I withdrew from the course for personal reasons but I am now in a position to complete my degree. I would like to apply to Sunderland University and will enquire about credit transfer - I would like to know how many years of financial support I would be elibgible for.

Rosie Power
    Hi Rosie Power,

When calculating your student finance, we take the length of the course you've applied for, plus 1 additional year, minus any years of previous study. So for example, if your new course is 3 years, it would look like this: 3+1-2=2 years of full funding, which will be paid in years 2 and 3 (you can still receive full maintenance loan, supplementary grants and DSA in 1st year) but you'd need to self-fund the tuition fees in first year.

You've mentioned that you had to withdraw due to personal reasons, I won't ask you to go into detail but just to let you know we do have a process called Compelling Personal Reasons (CPR). If you had to withdraw from a course due to mitigating circumstances (for example, illness) and you're able to send evidence of this, we may be able to remove that year from your previous study, meaning you'd only have 1 year of previous study. This would mean you could receive full funding for the full course, you just wouldn't receive full funding for any repeat years.

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,

John.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.