Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I am considering to firm Warwick and I was thinking of putting down Arthur Vick/JM or Sherbourne as my first choice accommodation. I am slightly more inclined towards sherbourne but given that it looks nicer than AV. However i'm still unsure about the location of Sherbourne as it supposedly very far from central campus.

Is the distance of sherbourne going to be a problem for someone who would regularly goes to the gym (ironic ik), library and math/comp building? In addition, how far is AV from the buildings mentioned above?

Also, how is the social life in Sherbourne and AV?

Any answers will be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Not a student there, but from what i've heard the walk is pretty long but it depends on what you're used to and if waking up a little bit earlier in the morning for 9 am lectures is going to be a problem. I suggest you watch videos from Warwick Singapore Society on Youtube, they have students reviewing their accomodations. Also the accomodation page on the Warwick website will show you a map of the campus and you can see the relative distances (you have to open a specific accomodation page to access it).

ReputationRep:
    Sherbourne: If you have a bike, the distance is minimal. Walking to places isn't a big deal, really.

Also Warwick are constructing a brand new sports hub (which will most likely contain a big shiny new gym), Sherbourne would probably be a 5 min walk tops from that.

I can't comment much on Arthur Vick. A lot older than Sherbs though.

ReputationRep:
    The new sports Hub is going to open likely in the new year, Arthur Vick is 5 mins walk from the current Sports Centre which will be retired and have services move from it, when it moves to the Sports Hub Sherbourne would be 5-10 mins away

The only thing I would say AV has in favour is it feels a bit more homely from the age of the build, Sherbourne is a very modern build, but that is what you will get, clean, modern, minimal character, however a much quieter area, nicer views.

Computer Science would be the furthest building away from Sherbourne, just under a mile away, so 15 mins walk.

University open days

1. University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
  2. University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.