The Student Room Group

de Montfort University Visual Effects Course

Hi Everyone! I really need advice. I am considering taking the Visual Effects course at de Montfort University. I am traveling from the United States to do this. I really want to be a Compositor, and study in Europe. This is one of a few schools that has accepted me, because I am a beginner (some others want more 3D experience). Can anyone speak to the quality of the program in the way of Compositing? Have graduates gone on to work in big studios? Other colleges post students reels, but I don't see any on their website. Thank you so much!
Original post by krazedart
Hi Everyone! I really need advice. I am considering taking the Visual Effects course at de Montfort University. I am traveling from the United States to do this. I really want to be a Compositor, and study in Europe. This is one of a few schools that has accepted me, because I am a beginner (some others want more 3D experience). Can anyone speak to the quality of the program in the way of Compositing? Have graduates gone on to work in big studios? Other colleges post students reels, but I don't see any on their website. Thank you so much!

Hello, Sadly I cant speak on behalf of de Montfort University, but I nobody has answered your query already perhaps check out there website for more details? Or give the lecturers there an email.

I have friends studying this type of course at Bournemouth, who absolutely love it and they teach almost everything from scratch.

Sorry I cant be of much more help, but trying giving them a call and find out more.

Dom
Reply 2
Original post by BU Students
Hello, Sadly I cant speak on behalf of de Montfort University, but I nobody has answered your query already perhaps check out there website for more details? Or give the lecturers there an email.

I have friends studying this type of course at Bournemouth, who absolutely love it and they teach almost everything from scratch.

Sorry I cant be of much more help, but trying giving them a call and find out more.

Dom

Thanks. I tried to apply to BU, but they sent me an email saying I needed to have prior 3D experience and samples of it in my portfolio. So I withdrew :frown:
Original post by krazedart
Thanks. I tried to apply to BU, but they sent me an email saying I needed to have prior 3D experience and samples of it in my portfolio. So I withdrew :frown:

Hey!

Sorry to hear this!

If you do opt for De Montfort and you feel like studying for a Masters at BU on completion of your visual effects course, then check out what we have on offer, here.

If you have any more questions then send them my way!

All the best,
Dom B - Student Ambassador and final year BSc Marketing student at BU.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending