Turn on thread page Beta

Hi I'm new to this forum, I'm in year 12 doing my AS exams soon, IV been with my girlfriend for about 19 months, we never have time alone because her two best friends (girl and guy) are always there, she always wants to be with them break , lunch free sessions everything, it's really annoying because I never have time alone with her and I feel really ignored when I'm with her and they are there because she just talks to them. IV tried to talk to her about it and she just turns it on me and says I'm the one who wants to argue about everything and that she does give me time alone but I completely disagree with, today for instance she has lessons with them the whole day so I asked her if me and her can go to lunch alone without them and her reply was Why do we need to go alone, people also assume I'm just her friend now because well she is close to her guy best friend, I really love her but I need advice on what to do.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Break up with her, see if she cares, if not then move on. She seems like she isn't interested in the relationship tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Some people keep friendships in school and relationships outwith school.
    Do you go out together outwith school? Alone?
    Maybe suggest to her that you want to spend time with just the two of you, as you're dating and say maybe one lunch time a week it's just the two of us?
    Say you feel left out- she should care about your feelings right?
    Do you not have other friends you can spend time with during these times?

ReputationRep:
    do you not spend time outside of school together? i hate to sound judgemental but what kind of relationship is this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AzureCeleste)
    Some people keep friendships in school and relationships outwith school.
    Do you go out together outwith school? Alone?
    Maybe suggest to her that you want to spend time with just the two of you, as you're dating and say maybe one lunch time a week it's just the two of us?
    Say you feel left out- she should care about your feelings right?
    Do you not have other friends you can spend time with during these times?
    I definitely agree with this comment. Have you ever tried exploring this relationship outside of your school environment; every example you've given has been within your school. It's very difficult to fully enjoy someone's company if you don't know them completely and frankly you only get to see a small part of what a person is really like at school. Try suggesting you hang out together more; alone and away from any school friends. Maybe even ask her if she actually sees your relationship as a romantic one. She may seem to be very close with the guy friend you mentioned but maybe she does distinguish between her relationship with you and with him. The best thing I can suggest is you talk to her. If it becomes and argument then at least it shows that maybe you're not both on the same page.

ReputationRep:
    what did you propose for lunch?
    if it was a dead ting she ain't gonna come

ReputationRep:
    You're in year 12 girlfriends will come and go. Sack her off and carry on with your life, in 6 months you won't even care.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 6, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.